• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

204 Ruger help ???

Started by ohiobob, May 29, 2007, 10:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiobob

Does anybody have a lot of Ballistics for the 204 Ruger? I mean any AND all info on the 204, even the drop charts for specific loads would help A TON too,,I Think I will be taking the plunge here in the near future, the only thing I am debating is weather to get the 204 in an AR upper or just go ahead and get a Remington,Savage or a Ruger Bolt gun IF i dont go the AR route :confused: I AM leaning towards just getting a Bolt rifle because I dont want just an upper laying around,,Hmm maybe an Encore might work too but then again I dont want HALF a gun laying around the house,,SO ANY INFO and thoughts would be appreciated,
I figure Hamer will jump in as he is the ONLY person I know that has a 204 and I THINK he is a moderator at a 204 website too  :shrug
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

Glen
Thanks,that site is pretty much "THE" site to go to for Info  :bowingsmilie: so Glen would the 204 be your TOP choice for a DEDICATED Groundhog and Coyote Rifle out to sayyyyyyyy 400 yards ??? oh damn i FORGOT to add a Crow Rifle too ???
Thank you
Bob

HaMeR

Crows & groundhogs yes. On coyotes,,, as much as I like this round I think the 22-250 with a 55gr bullet would serve you better after 300yds. Only because we don't get that many shots at them around here & I would hate to see you hit one at that distance & not recover it. I would also suggest the 39gr Sierras or the 35 & 40gr Bergers up around 3850 or so. HTH
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

Well Hell,my bubble just burst  :confused: maybe I get an 8 mm mag,,GOD is that a BIG ASS Round !!!
Hmmmm I WONDER  :wo: what the LIGHTEST bullet for the 8 mm weighs ? can ya neck the 8 mm mag down to a
.17 Caliber ?  :confused: :confused: :shrug: ahhhh it might be to SLOW ?
Thanks hamer,,I got the 22-250 covered BUT I need a new gun and thats why I was thinking of the 204 Ruger
I will have to make up my mind soon because the Wife's Birthday is on the 10th and I need to buy HER a new gun  :holdon: :whew: ahh she will PROBABLY like the 204 I buy HER for HER Birthday  :laf:
Bob

awh

She'll love it Bob.... :innocentwhistle:. Might even let you clean it after shes done shooting from time to time..... :readthis:.LOL
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Hawks Feather

Bob,

Go ahead and get her the gun.  My wife now has several - and she has never even seen them.   :biggrin:

Jerry

HaMeR

She'll like it Bob.  :eyebrow:

The recoil on the 204 is nice.  :sleep:

Didn't mean to burst your bubble tho. I just call em the way I see em. :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

well she WANTS a pistol to Carry to work,,but HELL I already have all the pistols I want,,BUT I want er uh err I mean SHE NEEDS a new Rifle,,I have a feeling that SHE NEEDS a NEW Encore  :biggrin: and maybe SHE needs it in 25-06 to shoot the SMALLEST and FASTEST Bullet anyone makes  :eyebrow: shit I cant even make up my mind on what Caliber I want
I MEAN she wants anymore,,all I know is the OLDER i am getting the more "CARNAGE" I want to see,,maybe I will stick to the 22-250 and shoot 45 Grain bullets? anyone have ANY GUT EXPLODING Loads for a 45 Grain bullet out of a
22-250 ???
I Know there was a company or a guy that made an AR-15 upper in 22-250 BUT I CANT remember who it was  :doh2:
anybody know who I am talking about ??? :doh2:
I STILL might get a 204 i mean HER a 204  :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Bob