• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Three more bite the dust! #7,#8,#9 for the season

Started by songdog_sniper, November 07, 2006, 08:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songdog_sniper

I got to go out and do a little bit of hunting with my dad. We went out and made three stands. The first stand was in a pecan bottom that has thick woods on three sides, and  a small creek running through the middle of it.  Dad and I sat up along the tree line against the creek and called out into the small pecan bottom. After two series with one of my open reed medium-high pitch calls. I noticed two coyotes running in from the east.  I told dad and he spun the camera around on them and I waited until he was on them. I whistled and the first one stopped. I put her down at about 125 yds.  Looked up and didn't see the other one run off, but I didn't see it .   I was looking hard and still couldn't find it, as i was fumbling through my calls to get a call that will do a good coyote distress, when I looked up and there she was about 135 yds out, standing up and looking around like what the heck just happened, and where in the heck is my buddy?   I lip squeaked to her and she looked at me and turned broadside. bang flop.. About 10 feet away from coyote #1. 
I asked Dad if he got it and oops.  didn't push the record button.  Always miss the good ones. lol.. 
Next stand was decent. I called for about 20 minutes on and off, used every call I had and right when I was getting to leave I decided to call one more series. I finished and didn't see anything.  Wait!!  what was that?  Had to see but it was a coyote face looking right towards me. I stayed still and had the call hanging from my mouth still..  it looked away and I let the call fall to my chest and CLANGG!!!!  hits the stock on my AR.  coyote looks, and Bolts!   
Next stand produced one more coyote, came in first series with my antler high pitch call..  Popped him at 75 yds. here is the pics. Aaron.

Brad H

It's fun to bring'em in with one of your own calls, aint it?

Good looking Texas coyotes.

Brad

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

fuzz624

FinsnFur

Very nice  :laf: Made for a pretty nice start to your day didn't it?  :wink:
Nice looking blonds
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores