• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Moving to OUR OWN server.

Started by FinsnFur, March 22, 2009, 06:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I've splurged and made the purchase. Spent the last day or so getting all the ducklings in a row and configuring the new server. :biggrin:

I hired the actual migration done, and they have just contacted me and told me all sites have been copied over to our new server. This will be for testing purposes only until this coming Saturday the 28th.

I've scheduled the actual live sites migration to take place Saturday the 28th, beginning at 3:00 am. Please note this time the board will be shut down until the move is complete.

I'm seriously thinking this will be the last server swap for a long time. Were finally going to be on our own server (all FnF sites) and will never have to worry again about sharing our server resources with other sites in which I have no control over, hindering our speed and performance. :yoyo:

I'll make another announcement as we get a little closer to the weekend.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go Jimbo

Always looking out for us
You Da Man  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

You da geeeeek Jim :yoyo: :yoyo:  I have no idea what any of this means of course :doh2:  but it sounds pricey to me.  If you need or want any financial assistance for this let us know and I'm sure you won't be laughed at.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

5 SHOTS

SWEEEEEET.  :yahoo: :yahoo: It's sure nice having our own geek around here. :laugh2:

ps. the spell check worked fine just now. :dance: :dance:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

msmith

Considering that this is the only place I visit on a regular basis, that'll be sweet. I can quit playing freecell.

Now, can you fix my puter? LOL
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Oh it was quite pricey Barry :eyebrownod:
Fortunately I have enough hosting clients to offset too much of a debt from it. And I'm billed monthly for it.
But I really do appreciate the offer :wink:

Fix your computer msmith?  One thing at a time here :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Hidehunter

Dont know how I missed this post but thats awesome news.   :yoyo:  :dance:  You are da man  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

Coulter

Hey wait a minute...I was planning to schedule a chat session at 3am on the 28th :holdon: :eyebrownod:

QuoteFortunately I have enough hosting clients to offset too much of a debt from it.
Apparently the rest of your clients must pay their bill on time :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: Check is going out today :wink:

Steve