• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Canada Bound

Started by Bopeye, October 12, 2006, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I have been hunting everything in the lower 48 since I was old enough to hold a daisy red rider. I've decided to go to Canda and experience some dangerous hunting.
I'm thinking maybe some snowshoe hare and some porcupine. Wish me luck.
I'm a little nervous though..........Just call me "The Canuck of your heart" while I'm gone.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

tsk tsk tsk, I blame Canada for the mental probelm's that have been afflictiing our poor friend Bopeye. It must be there style of beer.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Bob D

Snoeshoe hare and porcupine???  :confused: Their teeth are smaller than a coyotes. You'll never hit them. :roflmao:

Jeb

LMAO Bop !!!!! :roflmao:
       Jeb

CCP

I was just thinking about those billboards  See METH Stop METH

But if you are going to canada Iam not going to stop you.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Be careful, remember the big bad **** is up there. Keep your head down. :biggrin:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

R Buker

If you book an outfitter up there be careful and be smart.

I booked with Redfrog outfitters for a moose hunt for my wife and I.  I believed him to be my friend so never insisted on a written contract. 

To make a long story short, I cancelled the hunt six months in advance.  He said he'd send the deposit back to me and then, after those six months, wrote me and said he was keeping my $2,000.00. 

Bottom line is that he and I are now going back and forth about it.  I've turned him into the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society for violating their code of ethics and he in turn says he's going to start legal action against me. 

Yup, be smart.  I wasn't.  Insist on getting EVERYTHING spelled out in writing.

Randy

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: Bopeye on October 12, 2006, 11:06:47 PM
I have been hunting everything in the lower 48 since I was old enough to hold a daisy red rider. I've decided to go to Canda and experience some dangerous hunting.
I'm thinking maybe some snowshoe hare and some porcupine. Wish me luck.
I'm a little nervous though..........Just call me "The Canuck of your heart" while I'm gone.

Bopeye, If you come through Pierre,S.D. give me a call for coffee or somthing if that's possible. My number is 605-224-7072. You might catch me home maybe.

canine

Sorry Bopeye, I don't wanna highjack your thread But..... R. Buker that sucks...I wish you luck in retrieving your monies..
That's bullsheet.  :argh:

JD

slagmaker

Man that does suck big time. Well I guess it goes to show ya, Buyer beware. Get everything in wrighting
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Bob D

I've been hunting in Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota and twice in Idaho all with guide services. Never had a contract , never needed one.  I hunted with men who did what they said they would do. A man's word should be his bond.

Todd Rahm

Dang Randy.............who'd a thunk it  :shrug: Seems to be all kinds of issues with newly appointed folks in your area.   :confused:

To be honest I'm not suprised but wish you luck on getting your funds back.

R Buker

Quote from: Bob D on October 15, 2006, 09:15:24 PM
I've been hunting in Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota and twice in Idaho all with guide services. Never had a contract , never needed one.  I hunted with men who did what they said they would do. A man's word should be his bond.

And that's the way it should be!  And, that's what I thought I was getting.  I learned the hard way.

I guess it's like they always say, don't do business with a friend (or at least someone you think is your friend.) and always get it in writing!

Greenside

APOS is a top notch organization. I'm sure they don't take potential violations lightly.

Code of Ethics 
Members of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society of Alberta subscribe to a high standard of professional conduct and ethics.  This code provides a standard of conduct for an outfitter, and gives the sportsman a clear indication of what to expect from a member outfitter.

1.   A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations.  A member shall make a reasonable effort to report any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations, of which they have knowledge, to an Alberta Conservation Officer or to Report a Poacher, at their earliest opportunity.  A member shall be in a position to advise both employees and clients of their rights and responsibilities under the Act and regulations, while under his jurisdiction.

2.   A member, or any of his employees, shall not use any alcohol, or any other drug or substance, to the extent that the use impairs the user physically or mentally, while engaged by a client.

3.   A member shall be willing to make restitution in cash or in-kind for breach of contract between himself and his client, where the client is not at fault.

4.   A member breaches the APOS code of ethics who gives false or misleading information to prospective clients and, in particular, information relating to accommodation, weather, in respect to his/her experience, quantity and quality of game species, outfitting fees and expenses, hunting terrain and equipment available.

5.   A member shall maintain clean, comfortable, sanitary accommodation and should promote the highest possible standards in the preparation of food.

6.   A member shall provide each client, in writing, prior to the commencement of the hunt, with a complete rate (CDN or US$) schedule, which shall include all charges, a deposit policy, and deposit refund policy, for services offered.  Rates or policies will not be changed from those published without the written consent of the client after the outfitter receives and accepts the deposit from the client.

7.   A member will not interfere, by solicitation or otherwise, with a contract between another outfitter and client, when it is known or reasonably should be known that a contract to provide services exists between that other outfitter and a client. 

8.   A member shall employ only competent guides with the prerequisite skills and knowledge of the hunting area and species hunted, to ensure that the contract between the client and outfitter is fulfilled.  A member shall maintain a reasonable degree of supervision over employee/contract guides to ensure that the services offered are in accordance with the contract signed with the client.

9.    A member shall make every effort to ensure the safety of clients, during the hunting trip, and during transportation to and from the hunting area.  Firearm safety will be a priority at all times during the conduct of the hunt.

10.  A member shall maintain a degree of proficiency, responsibility and professional standards satisfactory to APOS.

11.  There shall be full cooperation between members of APOS.  Prior use rights, camp sites, bear baits, grazing privileges and other existing practices of members will be respected by fellow members and their employees/contract guides.  A member shall not, without just cause, directly or indirectly, injure the reputation or business of a fellow member of Alberta's Outfitted hunting industry.  A member shall also respect the activities and needs of the resident hunter by not initiating or soliciting for exclusive use of any wildlife resource or access.

12.  A member shall not advertise outfitting services unless he is the holder of a Class S or Class T Outfitter Guide Permit and the holder or permitted user of the allocations to be used.

13.  A member has a duty to uphold the standards and reputation of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society and the outfitting profession and assist in the advancement of their goals.  A member shall not harm or tend to harm APOS or the outfitting profession.

R Buker

Exactly.  It's number 6 that I have the issue with and based my complaint on.

Jeb

Quote from: R Buker on October 15, 2006, 07:55:52 PM
If you book an outfitter up there be careful and be smart.

I booked with Redfrog outfitters for a moose hunt for my wife and I.  I believed him to be my friend so never insisted on a written contract. 

To make a long story short, I cancelled the hunt six months in advance.  He said he'd send the deposit back to me and then, after those six months, wrote me and said he was keeping my $2,000.00. 

Bottom line is that he and I are now going back and forth about it.  I've turned him into the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society for violating their code of ethics and he in turn says he's going to start legal action against me. 

Yup, be smart.  I wasn't.  Insist on getting EVERYTHING spelled out in writing.

Randy

Dayum !! What some will do for $$  Damn shame. Hope everything works out getting YOUR money back !
                           Jeb

Bopeye

Man Buker...........that SUX!!!!  I know when I judge a man right......I can just feel it in my bones.  :wo:

I took my "toad" call with me, but couldn't seem to call anything in but peckers......uh....I mean woody peckers........ :eyebrownod:

I even wore my riding britches, red santa coat and smokey bear hat.........just can't figure it.  :innocentwhistle:

Bopeye

Oh.........by the way. My guide wasn't too energetic..... :rolleye:

BUT his sister was a HOTTY!!!!

:confused: