• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Meet Zeb

Started by JohnP, April 16, 2020, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

March 2019, Darcy my lab had been gone for about a years and I got to missing not having a big dog.  During a follow-up visit with the VA I was informed that I could qualify for a support dog to help in my walking abilities.  I said okay and did all the paperwork, came back approved BUT it was over a year before I could get one.  I told them I'm sure at my age and physical condition it would be better if a trained support dog would be better placed with a younger soldier.  About a month later this dog shows up in our backyard, keep in mind that we have a six-foot block wall around our backyard, how he got there is still a mystery.  He was as friendly as could be and acted as he lived here.  I took him to the vet and had him check for a chip as I sure he belonged to someone local - no chip.  We took pictures and had them posted around, took out an ad in not only the local paper but in two other close towns - no response.  So after about a month, we had to make a decision, the pound or ......we decided on the "or".  So he now has been with us for a bit over a year and has been a real treat.  Very protective of not only myself and Marge but also of our grandkids.  When they come over it's like Marge and I are not even here. Very trainable and obedient.  He has slowly won over our hearts and probably has found a home here with us.
Chilling out with grandson

Guarding the Christmas tree.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

He's a lucky fella for sure.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

It sounds like God acted a little quicker than the VA and took care of the need.  Glad you are enjoying having a dog again.

pitw

Don't matter how you got him if ya like him.  Good looking youngun too.
I say what I think not think what I say.