• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I'll never think of bagpipes the same way again....

Started by Coulter, January 10, 2010, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I love how bagpipes sound, but man these guys really do a lot more outside the box with them. Check it out...

FinsnFur

:laf: I'm a fan of bagpipe music myself, that was pretty cool.
I think they probably could have wore their shirts for the show, but :roflmao:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

The band is called Schelmish they are a heavy metal bagpipe band. Friend of mine has a bunch of there videos. He actually followed one of there tours in Europe.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HaMeR

They sound good. I'm just glad the woman left her shirt on!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

And there for a minute I thought the lead guy was Bopeye.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

Wait a minute, Mike would kill me, there not a heavy metal bagpipe band but properly referd to as a Midevil metal band. Lot of there stuff has been around sense music started. And yeah they are pretty cool.

slagmaker

Check out there cover of Johhny Cash's "Ring of fire"

Bopeye

That was pretty cool. I've always enjoyed the traditional bagpipes myself, but I could listen to that as well.  :eyebrownod:

The lead dude is breaking the first cardinal rule for us fatboys though. Always leave your shirt ON !!!
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Coulter

Yep...Schelmish -  German Medieval Rock Band. I can't say I like all of their stuff. But a lot of it is pretty good. Did you guys notice the big boys elf shoes? :roflmao: I noticed some of their videos they wear even less...like just a loin cloth :holdon: At least the little guy...and I agree, the women do need to keep their clothes on. :puke:

NASA

I really like most of their stuff.  The vocals and some of the more quieter flute music gets boring.  But numbers like Chaos, Caput Draconis, and Kalifenzorn I could listen to all day.  They only have one tour concert outside Germany in 2010 and it's in the UK.  I'll bet they'd kick butt in Vegas.

securpro

Thats pretty cool for bag pipes  :yoyo: I've always liked bag pipes but never heard it done that way.....
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

vvarmitr

Now I liked that music. It fits in w/ a lot of the other music I listen too. Could have done w/o watching the video. :iroll:

I'll have to check 'em out some more. Thanks Steve. :biggrin:

Silencer

That was pretty amazing...

what about non-traditional cello's ???   these guys turned cello's into heavy metal type music.  No electrical guitars here, sounds like it but its all cello's and a drum set.  Pretty freaky guys though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2aIVKp1OY&feature=related