• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ohio bow season opener

Started by fuzz624, September 27, 2006, 10:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzz624

Well guys its time to go get the vinison.This Saturday is the deer season opener here in Ohio.I wasnt planning to hunt but the forcast is for cool weather.I believe i will hunt.right now i would just like to put some meat in the freezer.It looks like another good acorn crop this year.I checked out a patch of white oak yesterday and the deer are feeding heavy.Anyone else hunting this weekend.

keekee

I may get out one eve, or morning. Maybe Sat? Not sure yet though.

Brent

fuzz624

Well here are some pics of the opening day guys.I took thease about 3;30 this evening.They were about 120 yards off so kinda blury.

vvarmitr

I swore off deer hunting last year, but the farmers have so much trouble w/'em I'm going after 'em again :rolleye: Dern hooved rats!
Maybe this year I can get some of my farmers to get nusince permits.  :yoyo:

Fuzz: where you at in Ohio? I'm East central - Tusc', Harr', Carr', Stark

fuzz624

I live in south eastern Ohio, in Jackson county.I love to hunt coyote,but i will never give up deer hunting.Me and everyone in my family love to eat vinison.

FinsnFur

I snagged these on film last night after I was out test firing my rifle with the new thumbhole. I couldn't believe they hung around that close during the shooting.
You can hear the electric fan kick on under the hood of the truck, the truck is rumbling, I ease forward to get another shot of another deer. They never flinched.
The closest deer moved his feet 3 inches at a time as I shut the camera off and drove away...he turned himself in a complete circle to watch me leave. No feeling of danger what so ever.
The one in the back, walks towards the truck like she see's the cam. What a ham!

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

fuzz624

Nice film clip jim.How do u like the new stock?I have been thinking about buying one of those myself.The tree in the background of the pic i posted is a late apple and they been hiting it pretty hard.So far all i have seen is  small bucks and does.

FinsnFur

I'll take a picture and post it in my original thread over in Firearms to keep from Hijacking this thread. But in short...I'm not as impressed as I was originally.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iraMD

Cant wait for gun season to open in Ohio.  Just bought new shotgun to try out.  Already got time off from the hospital

Stanley

fuzz624

iraMD the deer hunting is pretty good here in Ohio.Good luck and have fun trying out that new gun.