• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Six pointer

Started by Hawks Feather, November 04, 2007, 09:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Well after watching a couple of smaller bucks walk into the woods last night I was hoping that they would walk out again this morning.  A little over an hour and a half I saw the first one walk out about where it had gone in last night.  It was 50 yards and if it would have been shotgun season I would have had him (I think).  So I started looking the other way to see if the second one would walk out and about 45 minutes later I saw him moving toward the edge of the woods.  He started straight out into the open field and I was thinking there goes another one.  But he turned and started walking down along the edge of the woods in my direction.  He was about 40 yards out when he saw something that he didn't think was quite right – me.  I remained frozen and he took a few steps in my direction.  I was thinking another 5 yards and there is going to be an arrow headed his way.  He stopped again and continued to watch the stump that I was up against.  He took a couple more steps and stopped, then he did it again.  He still didn't seem alarmed at all and I remained as still as I could - since this was my first shot at a buck that was not easy.  He then turned to start walking along the edge and I let the arrow go.  The rest is history.  I got it checked, came home to change clothes, and am going back out to process him. 

One down and one to go.  The second will have to be a doe due to the tag I have, but that will be fine with me.  While hauling this one out an eight point came out of the woods on the other side of the filed and watched.  Then there was a small doe that came out with him so I may try to see if she is around later today.

See you all later.

possumal

Any bow kill, especially your first buck, is an accomplishment. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us. :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

WhiteHare

CONGRATULATIONS...

Way to go.

Good luck on the next one.  I'm sure the girls will be happy for you.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

iahntr

Good job Jerry. Congratulations. :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

studabaka

Congratulations Jerry!!  :congrats: You must have done one heck of a great stump imitation to get a shot  :shck:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Jeb

Congrats !!  :highclap: :highclap:
            Jeb

KySongDog

Congrats on your first bow killed buck, Jerry!   Nice job!  :highclap:

FinsnFur

Quote from: studabaka on November 04, 2007, 09:42:57 AM
Congratulations Jerry!!  :congrats: You must have done one heck of a great stump imitation to get a shot  :shck:

:roflmao: :roflmao: Are you calling jerry a stump? :confused:

Nice job Jerry. Hey you didn't cuss when the eight pointer walked out and watched did you?
Thanks for sharing the story :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Nice Job Yerry!!!   Thanks for sharing,and by any chance did ya have a deer call with you?
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

BasinBoy

Todd Rahm

Man I miss the deer hunting back home. Nice job Jerry.  :congrats:

wv_yoter

Congrats on your first buck Jerry. :congrats:
Jason

cb223

Nicely done, congratulations!
CHAD

securpro

congrats on the bow kill!!! :congrats:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Hawks Feather

Well, I just finished deboning and cutting away as much of the "non-meat" as possible.  Tomorrow morning I fire up the grinder and then the burgers will start.  I have a Cabela's grinder and the burger attachment.  If I think about it I will try to shoot some pictures of the burger attachment in action.

Sorry, Bill, I didn't have any calls with me, just my own voice for the sounds.

Thanks for the nice comments,

Jerry (the head on the stump)

HaMeR

Way to go Stump :doh2:  Jerry!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats a nice deer & he otta be rather tasty!!  Congratulations on your 1st buck too. I gotta feeling that doe isn't gonna last too many more days either. :wink: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Nelson

WTG Hawk,

Congratulations on the buck and a great story.   :yoyo:   :highclap:

Nelson

Red Dog

Way to go. :yoyo:Great job on the first one.

HuntnCarve

A nice first buck Jerry!  Way to go!

Troy Walter

Nice job Jerry,Let me know how that grinder works.I am thinking about getting one.