• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Son's Season Opens with a Bang!

Started by FOsteology, November 09, 2007, 09:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

My two boys (12 and 9) were drawn this year for the Kerr WMA Youth Management hunt. Lots of WT does seen, but none near our hunting blind. Sunday morning instead of sitting in a blind hoping a doe would pass through, we decided to see if we could jump one.

20 minutes later we come across a group of four does and five or six fawns. My youngest son took a kneeling field position with his brothers Marlin 336 Y "Spikehorn" 30-30 shooting Remington's Managed Recoil 125gr. Core-Lokt SP and dropped his doe.

They were drawn for the Buck hunt as well with Kerr WMA, so we'll be back out there Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully we'll see some bucks!

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

FOs,

Tell your son congratulations and thanks also to you for taking them hunting.  Nice picture and for some reason I don't think you had to tell him to smile.

Jerry

Nelson

Congratulations to your son!!   :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:

That's a nice fat doe.

Nelson

possumal

Great picture!  Nothing like a smile like that to make it all worthwhile. :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HuntnCarve

I'll bet dad is smiling too!  Tell that young man congratulations on a fine trophy!  Good luck on the upcoming buck hunt.

Dave

DirtyDog

Congrats....that is awsome. I can't wait til mine get their first deer.  :yoyo:

Bills Custom Calls

Congrats to the young feller!!!

Thats some mighty fine shootin right there

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

Wow! What a big smile!  He's hooked for sure now! 

Thanks for the pics and story!   

Semp

Todd Rahm

Thats super Cool FO and that there looks liek one proud boy, and I bet one proud father taking the pic too.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

FinsnFur

That's what it's about, right there.  :congrats:
Congratulate him for us all, and thanks for sharing it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Seeing pix like that makes me think there is some hope for the future.  ;yes;

That's just awesome there! :biggrin:

keekee