• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Couple of Whitetails

Started by HuntnCarve, December 06, 2007, 08:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I got this 6pt buck, and a doe, yesterday down at a buddy's place in S.E. PA.  I used my crossbow to fill my buck tag, as this area is archery only.  Got the doe earlier in the afternoon out of a group of 15 that my friend drove by me.  In this area they are desperately trying to reduce the deer numbers.  If you have the tags, they want you to fill them.  This is the 6th doe I got down there this year with the crossbow.
I got the buck while on an evening stand during a snow storm.  I was not too picky, as the buck season closes this Saturday.  Earlier in the archery season I passed up over a dozen bigger bucks in search of a trophy.  I joke about how my standards suddenly decreased as time passed by.  In any right, this buck is still a trophy to me.

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Nice looking deer, but do they really allow night hunting in PA?   :biggrin:  The buck is as big or bigger than the one I got and I was really happy with mine.

Jerry

I joke about how my standards suddenly decreased as time passed by.  This is the same thing my wife said when we got married.

Bills Custom Calls

Well Dave you done better then me,and both them deer will look realy good in a skillet.Great Job :yoyo: :congrats:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on December 06, 2007, 08:17:22 AM
I joke about how my standards suddenly decreased as time passed by.  In any right, this buck is still a trophy to me.

I'll agree with that  :yoyo: Nice job Dave
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Smith

Great job! I didn't get anything this year in archery season :shrug:, didn't have time to out much.

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

HaMeR

Nice deer!! I think they are all trophies with a stick & string. :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Wow Dave! :shck: How in the world did you get two deer in the back of a pickup? :confused:

Oh that's right those are PA deer. :hahaha:

All kidding aside glad to see you're getting out & getting some trigger time! :biggrin:

KySongDog

Nice deer!   :congrats:

Getting a big 'ol buck is over rated, IMHO.  (unless its a B&C buck  :biggrin:) The young tender ones are the best eatin'.   :eyebrownod:

Semp

arse

Quote from: Semp on December 08, 2007, 03:29:24 PM
Nice deer!   :congrats:

Getting a big 'ol buck is over rated, IMHO.  (unless its a B&C buck  :biggrin:) The young tender ones are the best eatin'.   :eyebrownod:

Semp

Congrats  :highclap:.  I  am with Semp on the size but when I do it he gives me a hard time telling me they still have milk dripping from their mouth :doh2:.  Nice deer (plural).  I am having a tough time in KY.  Havn't seen deer one.  I have put in my time and have another weekend of muzzleloader to go.  This is unusual for where I am at.  Just got to keep trying.

KySongDog

Hey arse!  Somebody's gotta give ya a hard time....might as well be me.  :biggrin:

Not seein any deer, huh?  Here's a clue.....ya won't see many deer typin on your computer at 9:34 in the mornin.   :roflmao:

Unca Semp

PS  I realize its rainy and cold out there this morning but ya gotta suffer and pay your dues to the deer gods.     :biggrin:   :roflmao:

arse

PS  I realize its rainy and cold out there this morning but ya gotta suffer and pay your dues to the deer gods.     :biggrin:   :roflmao:
[/quote]

I am paying my dues to the Momma god.  That will give me next weekend, when the weather will hopefully be better.  It is all part of my clever negotiation skills.  :eyebrow:  I am trying to maintain my usefulness so that I don't get replaced by a slimmer and more of an ass kisser version.  Luckily, I am the only one that can get the baby to sleep so I am OK for now.  :whew:  I also lift heavy object, open jars, and reach high places so I got that going for me. :shrug: