• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Freezer Meat! (Pic added!)

Started by keekee, October 14, 2006, 06:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Well, got to set the stand this Am. But only for 1 1/2 Hrs. Seen 7 deer between daylight and 8:30. Passed up two small bucks one around 110 inches and one around 90-100 inches. But could could not lay off a little doe that came by at 8:30. She gave me a 20 yard broad side shot and I took it! Was back at the truck at 9:30! And that will be some fine eaten! :eyebrow:

Drove around to hang a tree stand for the rut and seen a nice 150 class 10 point cross the road in front of me. He came right out of the bowl I was going to hang the stand in. The place was eat up with soft ball size rubs and bigger rubs about the size of a football. I will be in that stand in Nov! :eyebrownod:

I will see if I can get a pic up in the morning.

Brent

FinsnFur

That will be some good chewin. I'm not a big venison fan, but if I had my choice it'd be young doe.

Kinda funny how that works isn't it?  :sneer:  Now be carefull with that  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

R Buker

I've got a good recipe for canned venison that you'd never know was venison.  We use it in stroganoff and hotdishes.  Also makes a good gravey for over mashed taters....  Let me know if you want it!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

Good deal Kee  will be some fine Eaten. We hunted from 6:00am until  7:00 pm and did not see the first deer.

R Buker says

QuoteLet me know if you want it!

Iam a letin you know I want it

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Basshole

Great going Kee, it's always nice to start the season off with meat in the freezer.  We had our urban hunt here in Missouri last weekend, I got four (two big does, and two small does).  I've still got nine tags, this may be the year I have to buy another deep freeze.  :eyebrownod:

Jeb

Good job Brent.  Get the smoker ready !
              Jeb

slagmaker

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM vineson. Time to fill my freezer as well.

glad to hear you are starting the season off right.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

keekee

I didn't shoot a deer all season last year so it was nice to put some meat in the freezer.

Had some for supper, Made a big roast with potato's.  Good stuff! I even left some tender loin out in the frig to soak. I will have that on Tue afternoon. :eyebrownod:

Brent

canine

Congrats Dude :yoyo:

Now show us some pics of lunch Tuesday!!

JD

keekee

How about pi'c of tonights supper? :eyebrownod: :biggrin:

Brent

canine

You Daaawg :nono:

Man that looks gooood!!! might just have to suffer sittin in a stand this week to revive the freezer :rolleye:

JD

keekee

:biggrin:  I can take pic's of Tue dinner if you want? :eyebrownod:

Brent

FinsnFur

How bout trimming that thumbnail just a tad  :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

keekee

Thats the wifes nail dude, not mine...lol... :iroll:

Brent

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

R Buker

Quote from: CCP on October 15, 2006, 07:29:21 AM
Good deal Kee  will be some fine Eaten. We hunted from 6:00am until  7:00 pm and did not see the first deer.

R Buker says

QuoteLet me know if you want it!

Iam a letin you know I want it

Ok, take a quart canning jar and loosely pack it with cubed venison with just a few slices of onion with it.  Don't add water.  You can put a part of a beef bullion cube in with it you like.  But, you certainly don't need to.  Don't use a whole one if you do or it will be too strong. 

Anyway, arrange the jars in a cake pan (in case they leak or break) and put into a 300 degree oven for 3 hours.  After than take them out and make sure the lids are on VERY tight.  As they cool the jars should seal themselves.  If any do not seal, put them in the fridge and use them first.  They won't likely seal until they are very cool.  You'll hear them popping as they seal.

You can use this meat in any hotdish recipe where meat is called for.  It also makes great meat/gravy for hot venison sandwhiches and the like.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Randy

Todd Rahm

Dang Kee..............make'n me feel home sick now. The only thing you picture is missing is a few squirrels and the incidental coon that stuck his head out during day light hours.  :biggrin:

Sure is nice.

CCP

Thanks R Buker

Kee that does look good
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net