• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Nov. 2nd Buck (Pics added)

Started by canine, November 02, 2006, 09:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

Well, the rut is on in my neck of the woods. Last sunday i bow hunted and seen 11 different deer, then at 10:30 AM a real nice buck shows up behind my stand and eventually ended up winding me :madd:. Seein that buck on his feet at that time of day told me the Bucks are gettin antsy. I was dissapointed about the outcome because he was a dandy, so I went to the house and pouted the rest of the day :pout:.

Then on Wednesday, on my way to work I seen 5 different bucks cruising fields lookin for does. Man was it killin me, havin to go to work. Finally my concrete is finished and I leave sidney at 12:30 and low and behold on the way back home i see yet another big buck cruising. So I race on home gather up my bow and climber and head for the woods. Wouldn't ya know it, I seen 1 deer in a 4.5 hour sit. Boy was the frustration setting in. Evening stands have not been very effective for some reason.

Last night the temps dropped to 25 and we had a good frost this morning. I decided to go to the stand that I had seen the big boy at on Sunday. Well, things started out slooow, I had 2 does come by at about 8 AM and at 9 I was headin out to go to work. I had just got done gatherin up my stuff and gettin ready to climb down when i turned around and there were 3 does comin right at me. They came in right under my stand and passed on through. Man they show up quick sometimes. Well it wasn't a minute since they'd passed when I heard a grunt come from the direction they'd came from. Immedietly I grabbed my bow and hooked on the release. I heard him grunt again and he was closin in on me, then there he was, looked like a beagle dog runnin a rabbit. Had his nose to the ground and grunting right up to my stand, I knew it wasn't the big boy from Sunday but he was just fine in my book. So at 10 yards I stopped him and made a good shot and he bolted on a straight death run. He made it about 100 yards before piling up. Man what a feeling.  I got up to him and Seeen he had 8 points and is the second biggest buck I have killed.

Heres a couple pics. I know I'm not very photogenic  :nono:. Take it easy on me Bopeye, Jim, etc..........

Heres one of what we had to drag him through to get to the truck. :iroll:. I hope the farmer don't get to pissed off :shrug:

FinsnFur

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrre  :rolleye: blame it on the kids  :iroll:

good deal...can't wait to see it  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Nice buck, especially using a bow to get him. It aint easy to get a nice one with a bow. Congratulations dude! :highclap:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Damn nice buck JD !!!!!! :highclap:
           Jeb

stevecriner

SONABEECH thats a FREEKIN hog. Good shootin ,,,fool!
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

straycat

WELL !.............................thats just a baby,you ought to be ashamed!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just kidding.Very nice,JD !  :yoyo:      Guess we will be eating good at LBL.huh?   :eyebrow:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

canine

You got it bud..more marinated steaks again this year!!

Hopefully ol'JB will have some more of that good jalapeno shake !

JD

vvarmitr

Atta boy JD! :highclap:
Another hooved rat bites the dust! :eyebrownod:

keekee

Nice Bro! Very nice! Congrads!  You need to e-mail me some pic's! Dad wants to have a look at them! Did you put the tape on him yet?

Brent

canine

no tape yet..what would you guess him at?

I'll -email em to ya ..

thanks for grats...it's your turn now dude!!

JD

fuzz624

Beautiful buck JD.Man you are lucky.Last night you won the spotlight then this mourning you kill a nice buck.It is hard to guess a score by pics but ill give it a shot.I would guess around 130 inches.It may be bigger than that but it is hard to tell from pics.

keekee

Just a guess but im going to say around 132.

I hope its my turn next! You know what kind of a day I had Wendesday! Just two more steps! But hey, that stuff happens! Time will tell!

It just sucks to watch a 150 plus class deer walk off with out a shot! But I also know there are two in there close to 190 or better!

I do feel better though! I scored one for a buddy this week at 157 5/8"! Nice deer! It still has to dry but Ohio big buck for sure!

Brent

centerfire_223

I talked to JB yesterday just to make sure he is still coming to the LBL this year. Everything is still on for us, we will be there!!! We are suppose to get together tomorrow morning to make a few stands.

Great buck, JD. That rascal is a huge!!! 

I will be up that way here in a couple of weeks, I promised my son if he made all A's and B's on his report card we would go up to WV for a week of deer hunting. So Thanksgiving week we will be in WV.

Don't forget the deer meat for the LBL hunt. :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Todd Rahm

Hey that there is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :congrats:

Radd4

nice buck there Canine, care to sponsor out of town hunters? :laf: :laf: :laf:

Rus
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran
Remember to thank those who are serving our country and the families of those who have died to keep you safe...Our Troops, Police and Firemen deserve our thanks"

canine

Sorry Radd, I missed your post, Thanks for the compliment.. Actually, I would set ya up in a treestand, No charge either. Ohio is starting to head for the likes of Illinois and Iowa. Guy's are leasing up land and chargin guy's from outta state to sit in a tree stand..Definately somethin I'm not likin. I couldn't promise ya a shot at a Pope and Young buck or better, but, you will see plenty of deer and we'd have one helluva good time tryin.

JD

WhiteHare

Very nice Buck..Good shootin'

What direction are you located from Sidney?

I'm about 25 miles straight south.

Richard
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

canine

Thanks whitehare. I am about 20 miles East of Sydney.  West Liberty address. You know where the Mad River Ski Resort is at? I live about a mile from it.

I'm guessing you are from around New Carslisle? or Midway?

JD

WhiteHare

I fished a small pond off the road just past the resort entrance a few  years ago for some mighty fine Bluegills.

When growing up I was an honorary guide at the Ohio Caverns, seemed like anyone came from out of state to visit my parents took them to the caverns and the castles..... :laf:

Actually I live just outside of Troy
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com