• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Duck season 23/24

Started by msmith, February 17, 2024, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

Duck season this year was pretty much a bust with the unseasonably warm weather up north but we had a blast anyway.

We took to the Ohio River this season and actually seen a lot more birds than we do just hunting lakes. We honestly don't know what we are doing so connecting with them is another thing. Running the river and racing barges in the dark adds an element of anxiety to the hunt since you can't see the trash that has been washed into the current from the creeks that feed the river. Night vision is on the list of must haves for next season.

In spite of our bounty being on the lean side, we had fun and spent some quality father/son time together. Here are some pics.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

Looks like a good time and there are some beautiful skies in those pictures.

Okanagan

Excellent!  Good memories with son and that looks like a great river to travel and hunt. 

nastygunz

Fine looking dog. Back in the day when I was into waterfall hunting we used to float down the Connecticut river in canoes and kayaks and jump shoot ducks and geese on the river and paddling into the little bays and setbacks. Used to score a lot of birds that way. I have been getting the urge to waterfowl hunt again after I rediscovered my bag of duck and goose calls. As I recall whenever we would spook some ducks and geese they would always fly up river made for some great pass shooting when they came by the watercraft. We also used to drift the river for squirrel hunting too. Both sides of the river have huge oak trees and cornfields.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: msmith on February 17, 2024, 08:55:20 AMwe had fun and spent some quality father/son time together.

I always thought quality time with the boys involved a switch. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

msmith

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

msmith

Quote from: pitw on February 21, 2024, 10:55:19 AM
Quote from: msmith on February 17, 2024, 08:55:20 AMwe had fun and spent some quality father/son time together.

I always thought quality time with the boys involved a switch. :shrug:

LOL! It used to but the Big Dawg is now 27, 2" taller than me, & on his last year of med school. Ima keepin on his good side so he will take care of me in my older years lol.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori