• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

India police say 2 brothers behead sister for alleged affair

Started by JohnP, August 20, 2015, 06:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Damn!

The Associated Press
LUCKNOW, India (AP) â€" Two brothers in northern India beheaded their teenage sister and carried her head through their village because they disapproved of her romantic relationship with a cousin, police said Wednesday.
At least a dozen people watched as 17-year-old Phool Jehan was dragged out of her house, beaten and beheaded by her brothers late Monday, but they did not inform the police, officer Rajesh Singh said. The crime was reported by a local security guard.

Police have been unable to find the two brothers. Their ages were not clear, but they were both older than their sister.

After beheading Jehan, Nanhe and Gul Hasan left their sister’s body in the street and roamed around the village with her head, shouting that they were against the relationship, Singh said.Honor killings are common across India, but such brutal slayings are extremely rare.

As India modernizes rapidly, it finds itself in the midst of huge social turmoil as young people challenge accepted social norms. As more people attempt to break from tradition, they face backlash, often violent, especially in rural areas.

India also is considered one of the harshest places in the world for women, with female infanticide and child marriage still common.
The United Nations’ gender inequality index places India next to last, above only Saudi Arabia, based on labor, reproductive health, education and politics. The index does not consider issues of violence.
While the brothers are on the run, police have detained Jehan’s cousin to question him, said B. Kumar, another police officer.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Carolina Coyote

Just so hard to understand how a human could be so cruel to kill his sister like that, The women in this country should look around before complaining that there is war on women in the America. The brothers deserve the ultimate punishment.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Hard to understand I agree.  But then I find it hard to understand eating grass hoppers as well.  If it is normal where it happened then it comes down to, "When in Rome.....".   People like to think their way is the only way but most people ain't been 50 miles from home. :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

I read this the other day. You all are right, this just makes no sense. She may have had an affair with a cousin but I would think the family would be shamed more by the killing of your own blood. Or at least that is my take on it. I mean what woman would want to be with one of those brothers knowing that if you displease them they may kill you.

I say catch them beat them and then force other family members kill them. They brought shame to the family by bringing out there problems into full public view.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.