• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

going to lbl in the morn.

Started by topdawg, January 25, 2007, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

I am going down to the lbl in the morning to do some hunting and scouting. I hope to have some good info to share and maybe a few good pics.
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

securpro

topdawg
I'm headed down  tomorrow also for the weekend to do a little huntin with a buddy ,we probably wont make it before dark and hope we can get a cabin at wranglers. Maybe we'll see ya there ,if not good luck.

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

topdawg

There was a change of plans, i wasnt able to go to the lbl fri. but did go down this morning.  We hunted and scouted around till about noon. I found a few good travel lanes but wasnt able to call up any.  What areas i looked at i seen more sign in the edges of the fields, didnt see much on the power lines cuts.  We didnt leave with any fur, but i was able to get off a shot at one.  I was moving around a edge of a field to start a set when a head poped out of the corn stuble only about 60 yards. The yote was down wind but he did have the sun in its face, but i dont think it matered he took off. He got to the edge of the field about 70 80 yards, slowed down to a trot and i let the 17 hmr fly.  And fly is what it did the coyoted never mist a step, i dont think i was even close :confused:

i had a good time and will be back in a few days ...with the big guns :innocentwhistle:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

DGF

I also went to LBL this morning. Heard to different groups just before day light But did not call in anything, Love them duck hunters.

topdawg

It sounded like a good shoot on the lakes lol wish i was out there  :laf:

DGF

They were set up on three different beaver ponds in areas I like to hunt. I think they were set up in about every peice of water that would float a decoy.

securpro

Just got home from LBL
We arrived about 9 o-clock fri night and decided to tent camp on the lake, lot of howling around 4am real close to our camp ,saturday morning we hunted close to camp and killed 2 coyote within 3 minutes of the first set. 1 real nice male and scragly young female (lots of fur damage) mange or something.
No other sightings all saturday or sunday, and I did notice no howling on saturday night. All and all another great weekend at LBL.

securpro 
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro