• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bear stew

Started by KySongDog, February 05, 2018, 05:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Slagmaker (also known as Bear) has volunteered to cook stew on Saturday night for the last few years.   Well, this year he out did himself.  It was beyond just good, it was great!  Since the attendance was down somewhat, Slag had some stew left over at the end of the night and gave out some for guys to take home.  I got a ziplock bag full.   

I called my wife and told her I was bringing home some Bear stew to eat for Sunday dinner and she needn't plan on cooking anything.  She said "Bear stew? Who killed a bear?"    :alscalls:   

Sunday night she said she loved the Bear stew.   ;yes;

Thanks, Slag,  for all your work feeding the crew at LBL.   :congrats:

centerfire_223

I had a bowl today myself. I think it gets better as all of the pieces sit together. Gosh it was so good, can't wait till next year!!   :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

slagmaker

Thanks for the kind words. The stew was a true group effort and I really can't say thanks enough for all the help. So to Ronnie, Joe, Jenny and the secure pro clan I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys really helped make cooking this year a real blast. To Jenny  (hope I am spelling your name right) the addition of blueberries to the peach cobbler was inspired. I think they were the best yet.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

I had a big bowl of Bear stew for dinner tonight. It gets even better as it ages.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

We thought about sending some your way Jim but once the left overs were set appon they didn't last long.

There is nothing like warm cornbread covered in butter and a big bowl of hot bear stew on a cold February evening.

Frogman

My mouth is watering!!  Hated to miss that this year!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

JohnP

Y'all know you can freeze that stew pack it in dry ice  and send it overnight all the way to Arizona.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

Quote from: JohnP on February 06, 2018, 01:23:01 PM
Y'all know you can freeze that stew pack it in dry ice  and send it overnight all the way to Arizona.

That's not a bad idea. We may just have to send some to the folks that donate to the Saturday evening drawings but can't come to the event.