Main Menu

New York meat buck

Started by remrogers, November 20, 2019, 11:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

bambam

pitw

Right on Rem.  The story was a mite sparse. :laught17:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Well they say a picture is worth 1000 words so that's about 2000 words there right  :innocentwhistle:

remrogers

Last Saturday was opening day and I saw ten deer within fifty yards. Two were bucks, but unable to get a shot through the trees. Saw fourteen does that afternoon. Saw six the next day, two bucks, but again no shot available. Monday morning saw six does and five that afternoon. This buck came out of some tall grass on the edge of the field and totally ignored a doe that seemed interested in procreating. He walked across the field and turned away from the stand. Figured to see him the next day when he turned around and headed back toward the stand. Buck walked to a hundred and forty yards and obligingly turned broad side. At the shot, he ran forty yards into the timber and piled up.Have permit I hope to fill this afternoon. At least the friend I am staying with will have a freezer full of meat.

pitw

That's a lot of deer to see.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on November 21, 2019, 09:41:58 AM
That's a lot of deer to see.

!!  :yoyo:  WTG!

I hunted all or parts of three days here in WA and saw exactly one deer, a buck that I shot.  Then I hunted a half day trying to call in a buck for a friend and we never saw a single deer that day. 

remrogers

Went out to the stand this afternoon, around 1:45. Set there trying not to fall asleep for an hour and a half. Partly cloudy, dry, and about 40 degrees. Three does walked out of the woods about 140 yards away. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy and wet, so I settled the crosshairs just behind the shoulder and squeezed the trigger. Was a little high and clipped the backbone. She dropped like a sack of rocks. Waited ten minutes while the other two deer wandered around waiting for who knows what. My buddies freezer will  be getting full. He can still take four more deer, but doubt he will fill those tags. Been a good week, but looking forward to getting home.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Ain't it funny how we want a trip and then we want it to end. :shrug:  Good job  :highclap:

remrogers

Got home today. Was a great trip with great visiting and good hunting. Sure is nice to get home though.

JohnP

One of the few good things that come from New York. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs