• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Did winter get canceled?

Started by FinsnFur, January 15, 2023, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I mean I'm saving a lot of work on my wood pile but.. :confused:
Cant get the kayak out and ice fishing is  :yawn:
My neighbor approached me this fall and asked me if I seen the Farmer Almanac.  :huh:
Now why would I look at that thing.
He says their saying were in for a Looooong, cold, wet winter.
Ok, starting when?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Same here, last Thursday and Friday it rained all day barely any snow on the ground temperatures staying around 30 to 40. Fine by me I've had my fill of snow for a lifetime.

Okanagan

We had the longest cold spell in memory this winter, freezing temps nearly every day from late Oct, till three days ago.  Then suddenly it warmed up.

It has snowed a lot in our mountains but only once down here at sea level.

Our normal winter temps are 45-55 and raining or overcast and we are back into normal.  Felt like spring today, light rain then hazy sun and low 50's.

Jim, it is always nice to have a pile of wood left for a head start on next year's wood cutting.

bigben

we had one cold spell at christmas and that was it.  Im not complaining at all.  I will give up ice fishing to save on the oil bill this winter. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Our weather guessers had all of northwest Ohio hyped for tons of snow, cold, and other words I don't like. We have probably had two inches of snow, but did get the week of really windy and cold stuff. When they make predictions (like this) that don't play out, I am sort of happy.

I have always been tempted to chart their predictions just to see how far from accurate they really are. With their 'most power doppler radar in the tri-state area' (their hype, not mine) you would think they would come a little closer.

bigben

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 16, 2023, 08:50:18 AMOur weather guessers had all of northwest Ohio hyped for tons of snow, cold, and other words I don't like. We have probably had two inches of snow, but did get the week of really windy and cold stuff. When they make predictions (like this) that don't play out, I am sort of happy.

I have always been tempted to chart their predictions just to see how far from accurate they really are. With their 'most power doppler radar in the tri-state area' (their hype, not mine) you would think they would come a little closer.

our weather people had it the same way.  Predicted a cold winter with a lot of snow.  We were in the 50's yesterday as I was shooting bow in the back yard in a t shirt and shorts.  spose to rain a few times this week and then get "cold" again this week with a high of mid 30's.  im ok with that.  being mid to late jan its way out of the norm for pa.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

MI VHNTR

Another Winter Storm Watch here for 8"-12" of snow. Northeast wind off of the big lake again. It can stop anytime as far as I'm concerned.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Hawks Feather

My daughter and her family live in Grand Rapids now and get plenty of snow. But they formerly lived just outside of Rothbury and the amounts of snow that they got from the lake effect was pretty significant. Hopefully spring will arrive early.

MI VHNTR

Upgraded to Winter Storm Warning. Heavy lake effect snow off of Lake Superior with Northeast winds. Winter is still here.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

pitw

62 days below freezing so I never thought it left. :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Snowing right now, the weather guessers say between four and 8 inches.

Coulter

Sure fire way to have a mild winter...Buy your fiancé snowshoes for Christmas. It hasn't snowed much since. Well, aside from today when I took the bike out for a spin. Then it snowed :doh2:

JohnP

We have had a few nights in the low 40s but other than that it has been typical Arizona weather.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

We have over a foot of snow and it's still snowing hard!

FinsnFur

Well this escalated quickly  :laf:  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

And another storm coming, 4-8 inches of snow.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

We got about 8 inches in the last couple of days. The first snow was heavy enough that my snowblower wouldn't move it. My back is paying BIG time.

nastygunz

We have had nothing but wet, heavy snow, mixed in with rain, real pain in the ass to deal with.