• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lawsuit

Started by FOsteology, December 14, 2011, 10:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Liberated this from another Forum:

QuoteThis photo was taken on a cell phone last week after the guy took his friend to Bass Pro Shop to buy his first bow. The clerk was "assisting" him in zeroing it in, and after shooting several arrows, making adjustments etc., the clerk accidentally handed him an arrow that was too short.

When he drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand and he somehow released it. They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand because it impaled his finger also! They are both archery amateurs (I'm thinking the clerk is also?).  I don't think the guy who got shot ever had held a bow prior, let alone shoot one...OUCH!"

Hidehunter

Ouch!!   :doh2:

I think I would have gone ahead and cut that little piece of skin on my finger so I could have put that bow down and just packed the arrow.
Denver                                           

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

WOW! :holdon:
What the heck is all wadded up outside his hand on the back of the arrow shaft there, the price tag? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

That would be fletching Jimbo. You know the vanes on the very back of the arrow.

Dave

I'd say he needs to up the poundage a little.  Not much penetration.

FinsnFur

Thats actually the fletching?
It doesnt look like it's at the end of the arrow shaft, thats whats throwing me off. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

You'd think there'd be a little blood coming out.  And good thing the clerk wasn't selling him broadheads.

slagmaker

Yeah depending on the arrow style you could have an inch or three between the nock and vanes. I bet he bleed pretty good when the arrow was removed. I would think Broad heads would have given full penatration and not stopped the arrow at the fletching.

nastygunz

I saw a guy once who was pulling a broadhead tipped arrow out of a target by pulling it through the target and it popped out and he stabbed himself in the thigh and had to be ambulanced out due to blood loss.

slagmaker

Sounds like he got the point :huh: real quick :wink: about safety and never letting your guard down

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen