• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Arizona Weather

Started by JohnP, January 24, 2010, 01:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

The stroms that have hit CA have moved into AZ.  Up in the high country at about 8,000 feet and higher snow drifts have been reported at  6 to 8 feet deep,  We will have plenty of run-off this spring which should be a big help to the ranchers and our wildlife.  Maybe this drought of the past seven years is finally going to end.  We got three days of rain down here in the desert but our mountain peaks although not covered iin snow do have some powder.  This is the backside of our property and we own up to about the little outcropping you see on the righhand side.

We have a dry creek bed that runs through our property that hasn't had water in it for at least 10 to 15 years.  When we woke up this morning Marge said do you hear water running?  Since I am almost stone deaf I didn't, but her comment brought to mind a frozen pipe with water running in the house.  A quick check revealed no indoor water leaks.  Went outside to check the lines we have out there and found this.

This little creek runs next to the rock garden and close to our bedroom window.

I know it's not much compared to what some of you had to go through but it's a big deal to us. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Nothing like water is there John, especially when you live in a normally dry area.  Lovely pictures you showed us and thanks. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

If that creek is close to your house I hope it doesn't get much bigger than that.  I saw some bad flooding pictures from Arizona. 

iahntr

I saw on the TV some of the rain they were gettin in places.
Good for some places that need it, too bad it has to come so
much at one time! Hope ya don't get any damage by any flash floods.
Scott

msmith

Cool pics John. I love seeing where other people live!  :yoyo: Hope the water does ya some good.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Tikaani

Nice pictures John, ditto what ^^^Mike says, like seeing were some of you guys live.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

alscalls

I would be lost in all those small trees and spiny thingies..... :laf:
Thanks for sharing! :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

That WOULD be a heck of a sight John :yoyo:

When I was out that way I was in aww over all the dried up river and stream beds. They looked kinda cool to me, but I'd never seen so many different ones in one place.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

GunDog

Man talk about some blue skies! That little creek would make for some mighty fine relaxing if it run under my window. Nice pics Mr JP. Thanks for sharing them with us ...  :wink:

JohnP

Quote from: alscalls on January 24, 2010, 10:12:44 PM
I would be lost in all those small trees and spiny thingies..... :laf:

Optical illusion Al, some of those oaks are rather tall and broad.

That steam is about 10 yards from our bedroom window.  Years ago when it rained on a regular basis it would run from about July through September.  Never ran the AC just open the window, enjoyed the slight breeze coming down the mountain and the sound of the water sprinkled with a coyote howling every now and then.  Never feared it to over run it's banks, such as they are, as it slops away from the house out into the open field. 

alscalls

Some of the trees around here ......If ya try and shoot a squirrel out of the top with a shotgun its out of range.... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

JohnP

Quote from: alscalls on January 25, 2010, 09:49:01 PM
Some of the trees around here ......If ya try and shoot a squirrel out of the top with a shotgun its out of range.... :laf: :laf:

Yeah I know what ya mean Al.  When I go squirrel hunting up there I stop at the fort first and check out one of their artillery pieces.