• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

dump cake/cobbler

Started by bigben, January 21, 2011, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

This is something I normally do in the dutch oven but is easily done in a household oven.  pretty simple to make

one can of pie fillings
one box of cake mix
two sticks of butter.
cake pan the 9x13" size. 

if I am cooking in a dutch oven I will heat it up and take one stick of butter and rub the inside of the oven down where the cake will be.  mostly the bottom.  if I am using a cake pan I do the same but I don't heat the pan up. 

if your doing it in the oven set the temp at 375.

dump the can of pie filling into the cake pan and spread it out a bit.  I dump it in the center and normally it covers all but the outside 2" of the pan which is perfectly fine. 

dump the box of cake mix on top of the filling and level it out in the pan.  Then i take the two sticks of butter and slice it into pads and scatter them across the top of the dry cake mix. 

stick it in the oven and bake for an hour or till a tooth pick comes out clean and the top gets browned a bit. 

you can use any kind of flavors you want but here are some of the favs I have. 

yellow cake mix and peach pie filling. 
yellow cake mix and apple pie filling
white cake mix and blueberry pie filling
another one I do is two yellow cake mix box's, one can of crushed pineapple and one can of blueberry and then put brown sugar on top. 
add a scoop of your fav ice cream for cobbler ala mode.   :yoyo:
and its a good one to get the kids in on to help. 

here is one pic I snapped before it was all gone. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

slagmaker

I have used that recipie before. Makes some good cobler.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

Yesterday, the wife whipped up some blackberry cobbler using the blackberries she picked last year.   Pretty tasty.  Also pretty hard on the waist line.   :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

Two sticks of butter, thats like a half a pound! That's hard on the waistline AND the heart Semp :doh2: But it sure does look good.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

pitw

Ben are you teasing them fella's on the other thread  :wo:.

:alscalls: :alscalls:
I say what I think not think what I say.

bigben

gadsdengirl01

You guys I had Raspbeery & blackbeery cobbler but I don't know about two sticks of butter my mom puts  one stick of butter  in the cobbler :biggrin but we probely make it different  our recipe is :
  heat oven to 350 degs.  in a 9X13 pan place your stick of butter in the pan place it in the oven while your oven is warming up.  meanwhile, in a bowl mix: 2 cups of self rising flour
                                                                      2 cups of sugar
                                                                      2 cups of milk   (batter can be a little lumpy)
Pour all that on top of your melted butter (do not mix your batter and butter together)  then add 3 1/2 cups of fruit on top  (do not mix that either)    bake for one hour or until golden brown.  yum yum !! :biggrin: