• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

pasta salad

Started by bigben, April 17, 2008, 04:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

here is a pasta salad that goes over great at summer picnics and such.  single guys this scores bonus points with the ladies.  they think ya can cook and all ya need to do is boil the pasta.   :readthis:

1 lb of pasta(use whatever shape ya want but I use twisted kind)
4 medium sized tomatoes
1 large vadalia onion(or use purple onion for color)
1 can of sliced black pitted olives
1 pack of pepperonis 200 count
2 blocks of cheese(whatever kind you like but chedder works well)
1 bottle of gazebo room dressing(this is a greek style dressing italian works well also)
2 green bell peppers(i normally do not put these in because I do not like the texture of pepper that is not cooked)
salad seasoning

boil pasta until done
while the pasta is boilin I cut the onions up.

after pasta is done strain and put in a large bowl.
add cut up onion and bottle of dressing.

place in fridge to cool. if I am in a hurry then I put it in the freezer stirring every 5 minutes.

while it is cooling I cut up the tomatoes, pepper, and cheese.

after it is cool add cheese tomatoes pepper olives peperonies and stir well. you will find that the peperonies will want to stick together. I normally put some in and then mix put some more in and mix until I have no more.

serve cold
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

:congrats: That always goes good with the cookouts  :yoyo:

bigben

also a big thing I screwed up on my first was make sure you put the cheese and tomatoes in AFTER you cool the pasta.  take hot pasta and add cheese and tomatoes and you get a gooey mess and the tomatoes fall apart.  still tasted fine though  :innocentwhistle:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.