• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Georgia Hunt

Started by Carolina Coyote, November 19, 2010, 04:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Well I am finally at home for a few days from my Hunt in Georgia, Went down on October 28th and stayed till November 7th, came home for 3 days and went back on November 11th and came home on November the 18th, Saw a lot of Deer but did not get the Beast but hunted him hard, There was several pretty nice Bucks killed ( nice Racks ) unfortunately the one I killed did not have that nice of a rack but he was the heaviest Buck killed. I did see several Wall Hangers but could not get a clean shot and will look forward to going back and getting another look, I also shot a nice Doe for my Nephew that was down from Maryland to hunt with me, he wanted to Buck hunt and I had a good opportunity on the Doe so I killed it for him. I did do some calling for predators while Hunting but no takers, come December I hope to change that as several Bobcats were seen and I am already picking out places to setup for them. I did get to see several good chases, nice Bucks running Does is always exciting to watch, the Buck I killed was chasing a Doe along with another Buck that had a real nice Rack and I shot the wrong Buck. The Buck I wanted ran into a thicket with the Doe and after a few seconds the Doe busted out of the thicket ran about a hundred yards and went back into the thicket, there was a lot of chasing going on with several Deer going in and out of the thicket I finally saw the Deer I shot near the spot where I saw the Doe run back into the thicket and thought he was the one I wanted, I made a good clean shot at 200 yards right through the boiler room , I saw his reaction from the shot and knew he was going down, he ran about 15 yards and turned into the thicket and went down about 40 yards .

I have some pictures of the Bucks killed this year but I am having trouble getting them to post, will post them later when I figgure out whats wrong.

[IMG]http://i254.phot

I finally got a picture to down load, you can click on the picture and then scroll to see more pictures, I am not sure I am going tolike this new version of PB.

pitw

Wow Carl, sounds like you put in some time after them.  I'm thinking you had warmer temperatures than here though :wink:.  You sure saw a lot of critters by the sounds of it.   Wondering why you ran home for a couple days until I thought of the reason :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bluesman

Ok....let's hear it.   :iroll: :iroll: How many casual bobcat sightings did you make at the Wonderosa on this trip?

JB in NC
Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

Carolina Coyote

I saw Three, a total of seven spotted. cc

Carolina Coyote

I have not found why the pictures will not transfer, When I click on the img link nothing happens,it is supposed to copy and then I should be able to paste but it will not copy? anyone got any suggestions. cc

FinsnFur

Photobucket just revamped their entire site. I dont know if you tried it while they were making changes or before, but the codes no longer just appear below the image.

You now have to run your mouse over the picture and when you stop on a pic, the codes roll out of the bottom of the pic itself.
Click on the code in the window next to where it reads "IMG code". Once you do that you'll faintly see the code disappear and it's replaced with the word "copied".
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bluesman

I ran into the same problem.  I hovered over the photo and a menu bar appeared on the top edge my image.  One of the selections is "Share".  I clicked share, then it gave me a list of ways to share, such as Facebook, email, etc.  I clicked on the UBB Bulletin Board choice.  Then I got the code.  After I copied the code, I just clicked cancel...and pasted the code into my message.
Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

centerfire_223

After the aggravating night before last I am ready to get out hunting. Call me and lets get some plans together.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Carolina Coyote

Well I have tried everything and no luck in transferring pictures, Photobucket will just not corporate, may have to get a Geru on this machine.

Ronnie I will call you. cc

golfertrout

pm Barry he is a computer wiz :alscalls:

pitw

Quote from: golfertrout on November 20, 2010, 11:02:55 AM
pm Barry he is a computer wiz :alscalls:

I've seen a lot of misinformation on the net Dave, but that took the cake :laugh2:.  Yesterday I spent an hour just trying to get photobucket to appear on my screen :argh:.  It did allow me to post a pic though once I got on. :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

I can make it work now ut I have to go around the moon to get it done, Scroll over the picture , click on Share, click on the img thumbnail link, Copy, paste in message. alot more clicking than it use to take, my opinion not better.  Well at least I thought I had it figured out but its still not working right. cc  :doh2:

If anyone else is having problems with Photo- Bucket contact them on their site so maybe they will fix the damn thing, I have sent the mails today already and it still does not work right plus it has my puter screwed up.  :argh:  :argh: cc

vvarmitr

So good to hear of your success at the Wonderosa.  :biggrin:
Hope Sam will let me back once we get settled in SC.  :eyebrow:

Carolina Coyote

James,I heard you were thinking of moving to SC but is that for real? cc

KySongDog

Ya goin' to try real hard to talk him out of it, CC?     :alscalls:

Carolina Coyote

Naw ain't gonna talk James out of coming down plenty of room for him down here.  :eyebrownod: cc

Bluesman

About the photobucket thing:

When you copy the photo code from the Photobucket page, it will insert [IMG] at the beginning and end of the code.  I think the problem comes in when we select the "insert image or picture" icon while typing a message....it also inserts the [IMG] prefix and suffix.  If this img thing appears twice at the beginning and twice at the end of the code, the photo will not post.  If this is happening to you, delete one of the IMG's at the beginning and one at the end.  It worked for me.

JB in NC

JB

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on November 21, 2010, 01:29:53 PM
James,I heard you were thinking of moving to SC but is that for real? cc
Surenuff! That's were I'm setting up shop. Right next door to Columbia.
Head down this Thanksgiving too. :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

"Right next door to Columbia"   :alscalls: :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers