• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Filled my buck tag with smoke pole!

Started by riverboss, October 21, 2018, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Season came in sat but I couldn't hunt due to wife's doc appointment. Got out early this morning! Was in the stand I hung last weekend over looking a draw with some oak flats.
As soon as it started getting light I saw a nice buck cruising the edge but to far and dark to get a good look.
After good light I had a nice 8 point feed up under my stand and stayed for a hour, I saw several deer feeding my way and heard some fighting, in the next hour 9 deer had feed up to were I was,5 bucks and 4 does I could see the last one coming and could tell by his swagger he was the boss!
Another hour later he had feed into range and gave me the shot. 60 yrds broad side.
He has 15 points over 1" long and a Hugh body.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

riverboss

Okanagan

What a buck!  I've never even seen a whitetail that big during any season and only one or two anywhere near that big any time.

WTG!

gravesco hunter

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

slagmaker

Nice buck!

Congratulations on a fine harvest
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

That is one fine looking buck.  Congratulations.

Jerry

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Y'all have it really good for deer hunting, at least for whitetails.  My youngr son is a very good deer hunter and on a two day backpack hunt at and above timberline weekend before last, he did not see a single buck in excellent early season deer country.  He glassed a LOT of open alpine and sub alpine country and saw a few does.  Another fellow I don't know well said that he had covered 8 miles of old logging roads, slipping along and still hunting clearcuts without seeing a single deer of any kind.

Grandson Cody hunts a no firearms area close to town with his bow and he passed a fork horn on opening day of bow season Sept. 1.  He killed the second buck he saw, a big bodied mature buck with classic blacktail antlers, a 2x3 frame with some cheater points but higher, wider and heavier than most.

I'm kind of in motion to go out looking for a buck this afternoon.  Slow motion, old achy bones...  May even go over the hill to mule deer country east of the mountains.

riverboss

Ky really does have some great deer! I'm very fortunate to have some great hunting properties, big deer help make big coyotes to.
These deer eat soybeans and get big! I'm going to be hating it come Nov with my buck tag filled but I'm going to hit the does hard with my 6.8.
I've got 3 tags and may get a few more. The wife may make it home about the time gun season comes in and I can shoot them from the porch.

coyote101

That is a beauty Dan! Congratulations.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

I was thinking of you Pat and your crossbow. Sunday morning as I had a dandy 8 pointer eating acorns under me for over a hour,  you would of loved it!

JohnP

Ya done well Dan, congratulations on a fine buck. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs