• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Saturdays Hunt

Started by Bills Custom Calls, November 10, 2007, 09:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Went to the basement to get ready for my big day of deer hunting.Get all dressed up in my camo and went to reach for a deer call.Then got to thinking I don't have one  :doh2:.Is there anyone that could make me one up.So after going through some pieces that weren't good enough to sell and changing some reeds around I came up with one.That and an old primos deer call I had laying around I grab my bow and out the door.

Walk about 150 yards from the house nice little clearing in the trees with a patch of brush and smaller trees.This has to be the perfect spot.Looking into the thicker woods this clearing I am sitting across funnels into the wood about 30 yards.Yep this is going to work.So I get set down on the ground ad start calling,after sitting for about a 1/2 an hour.Mother Nature calls my bladder is full I have to go NOW.,so I get up and oh what a relief.While marking my territory I am thinking the buck of a lifetime will probably come in.I sit back down get all settled in and get ready to call again,when I have a cough coming on I am gonna try and hold it in NOPE no holding so I will try to quite it down and when it comes out it sounds more like a Wheeeeze and 10 yards in the woods a white flag flies and and few twigs snap  :doh2: Who would have ever thunk it

Went back out this afternoon and Nothing this time at all
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Bill,

I have a deer call that you made that I would be willing to let you use.    :wink:    Something about only walking 150 yards from your house that just doesn't seem fair to those of us that live in town.  There is always tomorrow.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

Jerry you dont understand I can shoot deer from my dining room table they come right up where Chris parks the Durango  :nofgr: Chris won't let me shoot from the house.

Lets see tomorrow  I have 2 fellers from this board showing up to do a crow hunt at 5:30 in the morning

iahntr

Isn't that the way it usually works.  :nono: Yesterday afternoon saw quite a few deer, a couple nice bucks. One real nice one chasin a doe around my stand for about 15 minutes, never coming close enough to offer a shot. So I had perty high hopes for this mornin,,,,,,,,,,, never saw a deer outta my stand. :doh2:  :nono: Came out of the timber and saw several chasin around out in the open fields.  :madd:  :laf:
Scott

DirtyDog

Good deal Bill.....I passed on 2 does this morning........got busted 3 times walking in.

FOsteology

Since I'm getting older, certain aspects of your hunting tale sounds a bit familiar! lol

wv_yoter

I know how you feel , I had one deer in range today and I almost shot it until I seen it was a button buck. But a bad in the stand beats a good day at work. Better luck next time Bill.
Jason

centerfire_223

WV_Yoter, what part of WV are you from? My wife is from there also, her parents are still living there. They live in a small town near Charleston, called Left Hand. It is pretty close to Spencer or Clendennin. You ever heard of those places?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

coyotehunter_1

:huh: Hey... Bill,  that sounds like some of the deer hunts I've been on !  :biggrin:
Most of the time, when the deer come by, I'm propped up against a tree :sleep:

BTW: I've had some big whitetail come into a softly blown Cottontail call.  :wink:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

I can't believe you stood up and took a piss.  :confused: Holy crap talk about misting! You just as well have brought a radio out there with ya too.  :laf:

I wouldn't go back there for a while.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

When ya gotta go ya gotta go :laf:

There will be deer there again on Monday Probably even tonight I will be there Monday evening right after work,
and hopefully call one in,and post it

wv_yoter

Ronnie I'm in Elizabeth about half hour from Spencer.
Jason

Frogman

Hey guys, do you think deer or coyotes know human piss from any other animals piss?  This past deer season I had a situation similar to bnccont.  I was set up overlooking a ravine.  I had to go.  I went.  Then thinking I had contaminated the area I slowly began leaving the area.  I was only about 50 yards away sneaking along when I see four deer approaching through the woods beyond where I had went.  I slowly moved a few steps to a sapling where I could rest my rifle and froze.  They were all baldies.  The four deer ambled right up the place I had vacated.  One of them even put his nose to the spot I had contaminated.  None of them put its tail up or seemed to be alarmed in any way.  They slowly went up over the hill and out of my sight.  What do you think?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!