• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wifes 07 whitetail...

Started by Smith, November 25, 2007, 11:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

I got a chance to get Robin(my wife) back over to the neighbors to see if we could spot the bucks we seen earlier in the season. About 4 weeks ago we were spotting some hay meadows and seen a couple of nice bucks but couldn't get a shot at any, we run out of daylight.

Saturday morning we got to the meadows early. We sat and spotted for a while, only seeing small bucks. As we walked back to the pickup we bumped into this buck but Robin couldn't get on him quick enough and he took off with his does. We quit looking for him around 10 am and decided to come back late afternoon.

We went back over there that evening and walked the draw we thought he may have gone into. it was getting pretty dark when we finally caught up to him. We were 850 yards from him. We belly crawled 330 yards and couldn't go no farther, we ran out of cover. I range found him, he was 520 yards. I asked her if she was confident on her shooting skills, She said yes she was :eyebrownod: . I have a 4.5x14x50 boone/crocket Leupold on my .270, and the bottom crosshair in it is for 550 yards. She put got settled and sqeezed the trigger. To my total amazment , She made a clean kill  :shck: :yoyo:!! The 140 grain Nosler Accubond perfomed like a dream even at that yardage  :yoyo:!!

I tell ya, Robin was pumped, she still is :biggrin: !! I think she is more proud of her shooting skills than she is over her buck . She is still walking around the house on cloud 9  :congrats:  !!! This is her best whitetail she has taken as well...

He is a 4x5, he has got 24" main beams, I thinks he will score close to 145 bc.

I am very proud of her! And she still is my favorite hunting partener :yoyo: !!

Hope you enjoy,

Lucas         
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

iahntr

Very cool! Congratulations.  :highclap: :highclap:
Nice buck, rack and body size.
Scott

FinsnFur

WOW, she's got a good reason to strut around the house. That's a nice size deer right there :eyebrownod:
Beautiful  :yoyo:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Wow that rascal is as big as a cow, great deer!! Congratulations!!   :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

That is a nice looking deer, but tell her I am more impressed with her shooting.  It is one thing to have a gun that will shoot, it is another thing to be able to shoot it that well.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Now that is HUNTING!

She can really say she earnt that buck.  Spot, stalk, shot! 

That's a dandy 9 pointer ya got there Mrs. Smith! :yahoo:

studabaka

:bowingsmilie: Heck of a shot and a heck of a deer.  :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FOsteology

Heck of a nice buck! Tell her congrats for me! :highclap:

Roundman

Thats a great buck. Tell her good job.   :congrats:

bowslinger

songdog

Nice job.. :congrats: That is a nice trophy buck. :highclap: