• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hunting with my Son..

Started by HuntnCarve, January 03, 2008, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Went down to a buddy's place with my boy for a Winter Archery hunt.  My son (who's home from college on break) toughed it out on stand (18°F) while we put on some drives.  It payed off with this 5pt that he took with the crossbow at 25 yards.  Him being away at college, our hunting time together is limited.  A day like today makes it all the more memorable!  Yeah, I'm a proud father!

HaMeR

And you should be!! :wink: 

I sure do envy you folks that get to hunt with your kids. My two were never interested in it. :shrug:  I think that would be just about as cool as becoming a Father. :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing!!

BTW-- Nice buck too!! Your boy sure seems more than just Pleased with it. Congratulations all around!! :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on January 03, 2008, 09:55:24 PM
Yeah, I'm a proud father!

And you SHOULD be  :yoyo:
Give your son our congratulatory grins. ....they look like this  :wink: :yoyo:

It's gotta be great just to spend time with him Dave...the deer is a bonus. And man does he look familiar...I mean rrrrrreal familiar.  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

He's a great kid!  Just turned 20 years old.  Been on the Deans list at college from day one.  He's a mathmatics major.  Doing mathmatical problems that boggle the mind!  He scored so high, that they started him his freshman year at a Junior level.  All I can take credit for is teaching him to hunt! LOL!  My daughter (freshman in college this year) does not hunt.  But she can shoot like nobody's business!  I watched her take a "loud mouthed" fellows money at the rifle range one day.  By hitting an M&M at 100 yards!  The fool told her "Double or nothing" after she broke the first one.  -He came to regret ever opening his mouth.  When he pulled out his wallet to pay up, she told him to keep his money?  She later told me that she would have felt bad taking a fools money!  She did not learn that from me! LOL!

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Looks like his math skills are paying off.  I can see him sitting there going: the temperature is 18 degrees which will affect the flight of the 32 grain shaft with a 125 grain tip by .00762 inches.  That will compensate for the pull of the sun that is . . . . .

Nice buck and I am glad that you had a good time.

Jerry

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :roflmao: I was thinking the same thing Yerry  :eyebrownod: Reminded me of that guy from the show "Numbers".

That's funny about your daughter Dave. You have to be glowing over those two. You done well.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Nelson

Sounds like you have two fine kids, that anyone would be proud of!!!!

:yoyo:  :highclap:  :congrats:

Nelson

Smith

Nothing like hunting with your children!

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

hammeryotes

Great jpb!  I can't wait till' my sons are old enough to hunt seriously.  Looks like a proud team you have there! :highclap:

vvarmitr

That's sweet Dave! :congrats:

You're having a great hunting season this year!  :biggrin: