• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Teaching a lesson.

Started by pitw, August 27, 2019, 10:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Took a couple young fella's fishing[I drove and used my money LOL] and they did all the work.  Took an 85 Ford I bought for $200 and spent some time fixing a few things[worked like a charm] and the boat you have seen more than a few times. 
Just to show them just what kinda competion they was up against, I caught and landed

Which with careful cleaning and cooking turned into this. :eyebrow:

The peanut gallery was cheering me on   :wink:

Then Don tried making like he was even in the contest with. :originalhahaha:

41 inch 18.4 lb Northern that fought like it was much bigger.

Had a great weekend with the lads and plans were made for a late September whitefish and lake trout jaunt.

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had a great time and some good eating.

slagmaker

Now that looks like what good times are made of..
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

I don't see what you caught and landed? 🕵

pitw

Looks like bait but it wasn't there when I cast out the jig.  Boys were impressed I could catch one that small. :biggrin:

coyote101

That's a good looking Northern.  :yoyo: I see Don has a glove on. I was holding a 36ish inch Northern like that several years ago without a glove. He shook loose and his gill rakers did quite a job on my fingers.   :rolleye: I have since either used a glove or fish gripper when handling them. Fool me once.  :wink:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Good times!  That's a dandy that Don is holding. 

Looks like Tobin Lake but I doubt if you drove over there.  Wishin I could fish a day for northerns with you this time of year. 

pitw

Oke, it is Dore lake which is the 6th biggest lake in Sask by area.  The walleye fishing is usually superb but I couldn't get one to bite to save my [Prospectors animal].  I'd love to spend some time in the boat with you. :biggrin:

pitw

Pat, Don looked for the glove first thing as he has been fooled once or twice too. :laught17:  That fish fought real well and we had smaller ones that fought huge too. :biggrin: Kinda/sorta surprised me that they fought so well and am contemplating going back in September just cause. :wo:

nastygunz

:alscalls: :alscalls:  I thought you were using that as bait to tip the jig  :biggrin:

Quote from: pitw on August 28, 2019, 04:23:19 PM
Looks like bait but it wasn't there when I cast out the jig.  Boys were impressed I could catch one that small. :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: nastygunz on August 28, 2019, 09:25:23 PM
:alscalls: :alscalls:  I thought you were using that as bait to tip the jig  :biggrin:

Quote from: pitw on August 28, 2019, 04:23:19 PM

Nasty, over the years I've won the smallest many times. :argh:

nastygunz

That there is some precision jigging!

bigben

What did you catch the northen on?  And how did you fillet it?  I heard they got tons of bones. Nice catch
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

pitw

That is the hook that caught the big one.  I believe it was the number 2.  We put on some really large lures just to show the lads that fish will chase most anything. :eyebrow:  We let the big one go back for more swimming as it is an old fish that didn't deserve to die after giving us that much entertainment. :shrug:  Northern are relatively easy to fillet boneless and the lady at the lake makes it look sooooo much easier than me. :pout:

JohnP

Sure looks like a good time and good eats.  Tell Don I said congratulations.  Next time invite me...............
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

John, me ad a buddy are planning o goig back up i two weeks.  Come along.

coyote101

Quote from: pitw on August 30, 2019, 08:24:35 AM

Northern are relatively easy to fillet boneless and the lady at the lake makes it look sooooo much easier than me. :pout:

I've watched a bunch of videos on how to filet a Northern, but have still never been able to figure out those damn Y-bones.  :madd: :madd:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

My passport is outdated.  I'm going to check and see what I have to do to have it renewed, so I might take you up on the offer. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I missed this one...and man am i jealous! :holdon:
Thats a dandy Pike that Donnys boasting there  :eyebrow:
Looks like my kinda day :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com