• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

More yote fun this weekend

Started by BigB, November 25, 2007, 09:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

Got a chance to go out this weekend and make a few stands.  Had some bloopers and some empty stands, but it was great to get out. 

Saturday evening.  We started calling on Dad's farm.  I had my bow and brother had his rifle.  I saw one peak out of the cedar trees, and got him to come into about 100 yards away.  It was coming in pretty cautiously, only coming about 10 yards at a time.  Here's a pic of it when it is on a pond dam at 100 yards away.  It's right in the center of the photo looking straight at us.

It snuck around the other side of the ditch that was lined with cedar trees and got our wind with us getting no shot at it.

Sunday morning was crazy.  I called this place in the morning (yes, that's the moon still up) when I saw a coyote on the hill on the other side of the trees.  But I didn't get any takers.  We saw quite a few coyotes out moving around when we were driving between stands.

Then I met up with my brother and went to this place.  Beautiful place, but no takers either.

On the way to the place right above, we drove past where we made this next stand.  On the way there, we saw 4 coyotes on this place.  They headed for high ground as soon as they saw us in the truck.  So we figured to give them a few minutes and that is why we went to the place above first.
On the way in, I spotted a coyote moving about a half mile away.  We set up, and I started on the bunny in distress.  We put the scope on it, and it was headed this way.  Here is a pic of her coming across the soybean stubble.  She came in on a hard run.

So then I decided to get a little fancy, and switched to the movie mode on my digital camera.  And I got lucky enough to capture this:

Here is my brother and the female coyote.  Straight above his head, there is a big tall tree in the pasture by itself.  That is where I first spotted the coyote.

All in all, it was a great weekend to hunt.  Calm winds and lots of coyote action.

Thanks for reading,
Brian

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Hawks Feather

Brian,

Great pictures and video.  I was thinking that the coyote might end up in your lap.    :congrats:

Jerry

BigB

Jerry,

The real reason that the coyote stopped was because my brother was wiping off his scope lens, and the coyote caught the movement. It was bout 26 degrees out this morning.  He was watching the yote come up the hill right at us, and breathing on his scope, so when he tried to get her in the scope, he couldn't see anything. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I was wandering to myself how close she was actually going to get as well.  It was only about 15 yards from us when he shot. :rolleye: :biggrin:

Brian

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

iahntr

Looks like a good time. Cool little video ya got there too.  :yoyo:
Thanks for sharin em with us.
Scott

KySongDog

Great story and even better pics, Brian! 

Your brother is not the only one who's done that scope fogging thing!    :biggrin:  Been there and done that.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Wow...that bad boy was RIGHT there wasn't he. Nice video catch!  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Thanks so much Brian! That was great. :biggrin:

The only reason that coyote came in so close is because you didn't have the bow w/ ya that time. :doh2:    :laf:

cb223

CHAD

wv_yoter

That's pretty cool video, story , pics. :congrats:
Jason

CCP

Cool video, story and pics  :yoyo: I also love the countryside you have there. I always love seeing any pic's or video with coyotes.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bluesman

Superb.  You raise the bar for posting on this board.
Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

songdog

Nice pics.... Its always nice when you come home with one isnt it?

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!