• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Here kitty kitty

Started by BigB, January 25, 2009, 10:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I got a chance to get back to the family farm this weekend.  And this morning, Dad and I went down to check the game cameras.  We haven't seen any bobcats all season.  But mating season is about to start for bobcats, so the males are really covering some big territories to find the females.

And here are the first pics of bobcats we've got.

This camera is placed about 200 yards south of the camera location in the pics above.

Hopefully we can get some more pics of them in the next few weeks!

Enjoy,
Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

FinsnFur

He looks to be pretty good sized too. :yoyo:
I wanna see that bad boy with the air let out of him :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Set up and call from 6-9am!!!!!!!!!!! Then take more pics :doh2:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

That is great! I'd love to see that on my trail camera.
You can't hunt em or trap em though can ya?
Scott
Scott

alscalls

If you can not hunt them then try this.....for fun.........Hang something from a string so it will blow in the wind over your camera.(turkey feather, tin foil wraped around card board, I have even used a plastic grocery bag before and it worked!!)
Be carefull that it dose not trip the camera everytime the wind blows......You might get the cat sitting and watching it......all the while looking right into your camera. :wink:
AL

Silencer

QuoteHe looks to be pretty good sized too

No kiddin, he's got quite the muscle tone goin'.   Beautiful cat  :yoyo:

BigB

Quote from: iahntr on January 25, 2009, 12:44:49 PM
You can't hunt em or trap em though can ya?

Scott, I currently live in Illinois, but I grew up in northeast Kansas.  The pics are from Kansas and bobcats can be legally taken there.  Bobcats cannot be legally taken in Illinois.  :pout:

Quote from: alscalls on January 25, 2009, 03:48:06 PM
Hang something from a string so it will blow in the wind over your camera.(turkey feather)

Al, I did that to our other camera in this pasture.  I had a couple of turkey feathers tied to some fishing line at the location below.  It had a malfunction though.  In the yellow circle at the top of the pic, there is a honey locust branch hanging and twisted up in the fishing line.  I wish it wasn't twisted up, because last Thursday night, there was a cat that walked under it.  I just caught the rear legs of it though on the cam.  (and ignore the grinner underneath the deer feeder  :rolleye:)

I fixed the feathers today, so hopefully I can get some good pics now.  I just hope it doesn't trigger the camera too much.  Moultrie game cams are sensitive to movement, unlike the other two cameras we have that are triggered by heat and movement.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

alscalls

With this many pics of cats I would only hang it about 3-4 feet off the ground and behind the camera and you may get one to to pose for ya.
That is how I caught this one on 35mm trail cam on my farm.......
AL

iahntr

Well, hope ya get a chance to get back and get one.
Cool gettin the pictures none the less.
Scott

BigB

Quote from: iahntr on January 25, 2009, 10:26:24 PM
Well, hope ya get a chance to get back and get one.

I'm gonna let these ones plant some seed.  For 2 reasons.  One, because the cat population is pretty low.  Two, it'll cost me $252.50 for the opportunity to legally take a cat.  In Kansas, you have to buy a regular hunting liscense, and a Fur harvesting liscense in order to sell trapped fur and legally take bobcats.  The out of state hunting liscense is bad enough every year, but I don't need to donate an additional $252 for a slim chance at a bobcat.  :argh:   I shot a bobcat while I was still a resident of the state, and it is now in my basement.  So, I'm content with getting pictures of these for now.  But I'm sure I'll get the itch again when the numbers start to grow.  :eyebrow:

Brian

possumal

That is way cool getting those rascals on camera.  Thanks for sharing.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Silencer

Its funny you say ignore the grinner.  The cat did as well  :eyebrownod:  I know some guys that run dogs off bait piles.  If they throw road kill opossum in the pile, they'll be there until spring.  For some reason coyote dont really care for it from what they tell me.