• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ice storm an LBL

Started by KY23, January 30, 2009, 09:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KY23

How bad hit was LBL with the ice storm?  I've been trying to call Wranglers campground for two days and haven't been able to get through.  Did they lose power?  Are the roads going to be clear enough to move around?

Mallardsr

?                :innocentwhistle:

Ihuntnething

Well I am a new member and trying to find out how I can get in on the LBL hunt. But as far as the Ice goes I only live about 15 mins away from LBL and Im pretty sure they dont have power and phone as far as the road most of them cleared up today and they are calling for warm weather Sat and Sunday so all roads should be cleared.

Bills Custom Calls

I heard that Wranglers campground has no power at this time,and there will be a meeting about this hunt and a post will be coming very soon to update everyone so please lets wait and see.

The update should be here late Saturday or Sunday

Ihuntnething 

this is open to everyone here so if the campgrounds is open come on over
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

coyote101

Quote from: KY23 on January 30, 2009, 09:08:20 PM
How bad hit was LBL with the ice storm? 
VERY BAD. I talked to one of the administrators there today. They had extensive damage from the storm.

I've been trying to call Wranglers campground for two days and haven't been able to get through.  Did they lose power?
No electricity or phone service, except in the extreme southern part in Tennessee.

Are the roads going to be clear enough to move around?
Trees down everywhere. Most roads will probably still be blocked next week.

The administrators are having a meeting Saturday morning to discuss the situation. It is uncertain at this point whether Wranglers Campground will be open next week. If it is, there will almost certainly not be any electricity, and very possibly no water. With so many people in the area without basic services, LBL will be pretty low on the priority list. Most roads will probably still be blocked by downed trees. Without electricity the restaurant most likely won't be opened. If we can get in, it will be pretty primitive, kind of like backwoods camping. That's okay with me, I will be there regardless, if they will let us in. I know Weedwalker and Frogman's WV bunch feel the same way, and I told the LBL folks most of us will come with or without electricity if we can still get the cabins. I am supposed to get a call after the meeting to find out what is going to happen. As soon as I learn something, I will let everyone know.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

The LBL management is having a meeting tommorow and will decide what to do about our hunt. Watch for details tommorow.
We were posting at the same time Pat. I sure hope they decide to let us in.

alscalls

Pray all is well in KY. for those folks  ......With such good folks as to worry about our hunting while all this crap is happening to them and thier families.......I can only say.....Thanks for trying I hope we can help them in some small way.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyotehunter_1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28931648/#storyContinued

(Snip)
Associated Press
updated 6:57 p.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 30, 2009
MURRAY, Ky. - In some parts of rural Kentucky, they're getting water the old-fashioned way — with pails from a creek. The creative are flushing their toilets with melted snow.
At least 42 people have died, including 11 in Kentucky, and conditions are worsening in many places days after an ice storm left about a million customers still in the dark from the Plains to the East Coast. And with no hope that the lights will come back on soon, small communities are frantically struggling to help their residents.

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

HaMeR

I for one would much rather the residents & care takers of the LBL get their  personal lives back in order 1st.  :yoyo:  That has got to be damn hard to get thru down there. Those linemen are having a real rough time I'm sure as well. It's got to feel like it's raining down with all the ice melting off. I'm sure it's a muddy mess too. To everyone down there Best of Luck & hang in there!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

Just talked to Topdog and he is alive and well. They have no power and probably wont for awhile. He said he has several freezers full of meat and a generator.  :yoyo:

He his dad and cusin will make it to the LBL hunt at least Saturday night.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bills Custom Calls

There will always be next year
It will be a dissapointment if we don't go but that will pass also
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

M.DarianBarr

if yall decide to go anyway pack extra gas/fuel because its hard to find sometimes, also dont think you can pick up any camping supplies such as colman fuel propane bottlies, batteries. just come preparried. might want to bring a chian saw, ive been opening alot of roads around here with one.

MidTNHunter

HERES THE DEAL GUYS..........

Unfortunatly i was not going to be able to hunt tis year at the annual hunt do to work conflicts so buddy and I decided to camp this week.....we were able to get set up Friday evening and made 6 stands this morning however as it stands right now LBL IS CLOSED...Ranger Connley had orginally told us this morning bofore we left camp (really cold and foggy) at 7:30 am that "unofficially" the park is closed but if we stayed on TN side (no problems there at all) we shoulds be fine....we returned to camp at 12:45 and was met by him and that the word has come down that due to the extensive dammage and declaring the southern part of KY a disaster area the park is OFFICIALLY CLOSES his guess is that due to the massive amount of damaged to the area starting just north or TN/KY line it will probalby be closed for up to 3 WEEKS.  You can try the contact numbers for LBL but we had no luck....they have no power and very limited phones...the Ranger said they will try as soon as possible to get the word out via the net and news papers but to please be patient.

Mid

FinsnFur

Thanks for the info Mid~
Much appreciated :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com