• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

You Guys in Ohio

Started by JohnP, February 21, 2016, 01:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

This should help keep the muslims in check.

A semi tractor-trailer overturned Monday night into an embankment outside Dayton, Ohio, killing about half of the 2,200 piglets on board and sending hundreds of survivors fleeing into the nearby woods.

The Dayton Daily News reported that officials responded to the scene and found some animals crushed or suffocated. Other surviving piglets may have to be euthanized due to stress, the report said.

"There's quite a few pigs that got out and ran from the accident," a fire official told WLWT.com. "They're in the woods. I don't think we'll ever get all of them."

Several police and fire agencies from surrounding areas round up the piglets, who scattered into a wooded area by the site of the road. The recovered animals were taken to nearby fairgrounds to be given water by volunteers. The paper reported that the surviving pigs were taken early Tuesday morning to their destination.

The scene on State Route 35 was chaotic. Police said there was a sense of urgency because the piglets would likely attract hungry coyotes.

WXIX reported that the accident took place at around 7 p.m. Authorities say the driver of the semitrailer lost control and slammed into a guardrail. Reports say that two people were inside the truck at the time, and the passenger was taken to an area hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

The accident closed the road for eight hours, The Dayton Daily News reported.

"If somebody finds a pig and wants to turn it in, call the local law enforcement and we’ll try to take care of it," Fire Chief Dean Fox told the paper.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on February 21, 2016, 01:47:24 PM

"If somebody finds a pig and wants to turn it in, call the local law enforcement and we’ll try to take care of it," Fire Chief Dean Fox told the paper.

Interesting quotation from someone in authority:  "...if somebody  ...wants to ...we'll try..."   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

I knew there was a reason I put a squealing piglet on my calls sound card even though we don't have wild pigs in the area.
Never know when a truck will over turn.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

HaMeR

I would definitely turn it in!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:

To sausage!!!!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

My guess is that the DNR is not very happy with that driver.  While we don't have the number of wild hogs that some states do they are considered as an animal that can be hunted at any time with no season.  Sounds like a few more targets.

Jerry

Okanagan

Re the opening line of this thread, I wonder if someone could start a rumor that chlorine in drinking water is a chemical derived from pigs...

Hawks Feather

I just watched the video.  No wonder there wasn't an obama comment about this - the pigs were white.    :iroll:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 22, 2016, 08:19:34 PM
I just watched the video.  No wonder there wasn't an obama comment about this - the pigs were white.    :iroll:

Jerry

:alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com