• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

You know a call works when

Started by pitw, September 17, 2008, 07:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

you see this coming acroos the water at you.

We had been fishing and the fishing was great but the biting was a mite slow.  Donny dang near made me jump out of the boat when he opened up with one of alpenliter's coyote call's [the brass 12 gauge I've been looking for].  10 minutes later I look up river and this critter was coming across towards us.  We thought you would like to see so I got a little closer and managed not to harass him [that would be illegal].
I say what I think not think what I say.

possumal

That's way too cool!  First picture I have ever seen of a coyote swimming.  :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

And everybody says they won't cross water.  :wo:
I bet he would've put up a good fight on a Hula-Popper. :biggrin:

Silencer

hehehe, I'd hate trying to take him off the hook  :eyebrownod:   Thats pretty amazing.

Bills Custom Calls

Thats just way to cool

Must be some Great Calling the young feller is doing
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

WOW :yoyo:

Way too cool! What did he do when you got up to him and started talking to him?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

He did what all the rest do when they bust you.  He turned to run but couldn't outrun 90 ponies on a boat.

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on September 18, 2008, 01:45:43 AM
And everybody says they won't cross water.  :wo:

Looks like EVERYBODY was wrong again.   :biggrin:

I remember years ago when THEY said deer won't cross deep water.   :nono:

Yotehntr

Wow! not that's one I've never seen. If that would've happened to me I wouldn't have a camera to prove it!  :madd:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

LORDDAL

wow now thats on cool photo so whos got some yote torpedos
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

possumal

Yo Semp.  I had always heard that same crap about deer not crossing deep water, but that got shot down when my late brother and I watched a doe swim across Lake Eufaula at Cowikee Creek, about the widest place on the lake.  Dogs were chasing it and it didn't hesitate to swim the lake to get away from them.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

You know Im going to have to heist one of those pics for the photo gallery dont ya, pitw?  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Be my guest.  I wouldn't have had my camera with if it wasn't for these dang forum's in the first place.

slagmaker

Thats cool as all get out. I figured a yote would swim if it had enough reason to but I wouldnt think hunger or a distress call would do it.

I am gona grab one of those pics and make it a desktop back ground if ya dont mind.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Use 'em.  I would hate to say with 100% surity that it was the call but I've been fishing at this spot for the past 37 years and have seen moose, deer and one bear swim the river.  First coyote and right after Donny blows a series.   I'd have to say that's more than coincidence.  The river is the dirtiest I've seen it it this time of year.

nailbender

:laf:Thats pretty cool!  Not a bad pelt either!  I would have bounced a sinker off it's head at least.

browning204

Holy chit! Never seen that before!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Braz

Wow, that is really cool. Thanks for the really cool advertising too.  :roflmao: By the way pitw, I still have one of these brass shell calls left. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Braz

5 SHOTS

That is so cool I wouldn't Even have thought to get pics.  :doh2: Have you thought about calling contests? I bet there aren't many professional callers that can top that. :holdon: Shouldn't this be under Fresh water fishing though?
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers