• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Details

Started by slagmaker, October 03, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straycat

"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Silvertip

I was reading Kentucky Game Laws and came across the following:

[b]From page 41 of Kentucky 2006-2007 Hunting & Trapping Guide::[/b]

Hunting on Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs)
Section 1..................................

13) A group of ten (10) or more people who gather for any event or organized activity on a WMA shall obtain a free permit from the KDFWR at least thirty (30) days prior to the event. Groups shall apply on a form provided by the KDFWR. The KDFWR shall retain the authority to deny permits, or otherwise restrict, institute additional requirements for, or direct the rescheduling of, any event to avoid user conflicts or for other plausible reasons. Permit requests for events that do not meet WMA use guidelines shall be denied, and events may be canceled in progress if participants fail to comply with user guidelines or create hazards or disruption for others.

From page 43 of Kentucky Kentucky 2006-2007 Hunting & Trapping Guide::

Public Wildlife Management Areas in Kentucky.........................

15. Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area

Has anyone checked or taken care of this for the LBL Hunt?   

Or am I being concerned about nothing?     

-  Silvertip
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

CCP

LBL is not a WMA it is federal land and has a separate set of rules and guide lines. WMA's don't have a centerfire coyote season in FEB.

This is also why Horse riding clubs and four wheel drive clubs don't have to get an organized activity permit. I seen that also several years ago and ask up at golden pond and it does not apply to us. Glad you brought it up we should always make sure we are legal no matter what we are doing.

CCP
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Silvertip

Thanks CCP

Just thougth I should check.

-Silvertip
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

Bopeye

Welcome to the board Silvertip.............good to have another East Tennessee boy on here.  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Alright here fellas, I am new to this site, and am curious about the hunt. Could someone PM me detailes? Thanks!
:confused:

Joe

fuzz624

Newdog,just go back to the first page of this post.You should find everything you need.You can also go to the predator hunting forum.At the top of the page is a whole thread on the lbl.You should find everything you need to know there.

DirtyDog

I have got a lot of info, but call me ignorant, I can't find the dates.......help???????? :shrug:

Jimmie in Ky

February 2,3,and 4th are the dates New Dog and welcome to the board Jimmie

DirtyDog

Ok, I will be there. I am in the palnning stage for myself. Just a quick question, is the LBL permit just good for a certain specified time, or is it good for like a year. I am interested in getting up there before and maybe checking it out a bit if anyone might be interested in showing a new guy around before the hunt. It is about 90 minutes from where I live (Nashville area).

Thanks
Joe

CCP

The permits expire 28th of Feb I believe
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

DirtyDog

Thanks, I think that coincides with the hunting license.

Joe

topdawg

this is for anyone that has hunted lbl...
was there very many yotes called in last year. my dad used to trap lbl for bobcats, because there was not a season for them in are part of western ky. He told me when he was there he saw all kinds of yote sign and caught a bunch also. Just didnt no if it was still like that.

my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Jimmie in Ky

They call in quite a few each year, don't remember last years exact numbers but the year before was over 30 called in. Killed is another story :eyebrownod: Jimmie

DGF

There are alot of coyoties in LBL. I usually start hunting them after bow season close's. there is a guy I see quite a lot that also traps them and does very well.  You can hear them in the summer late and early in the day when fishiing. with the lake water being low I see a lot along the mud flats.