• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Oh Lawdy :doh2: Another retired teacher. :rolleye:  Well, iffen your like the others we gots here you just might make a fine addition. ;yes;

Welcome aboard John! :congrats:

Hawks Feather

John,

Glad to have you here and another retired educator is always welcome. 

Jerry

Star1pup

I'm Bill Harding and at 70, I'm older than dirt.  Been hunting since 6 when there were no deer or coyotes here in Ohio.  Still hunting & fishing and chasing my Mountain Cur after squirrels or anything else she bounces.  I'm retired as a writer/producer/photographer and now make a couple extra bucks writing a weekly column for a newspaper Morning Journal) and also for a twice monthly outdoor paper, (Fish & Field Report).  Just now getting very serious about coyotes and have a lot to learn.  I already have learned that they are pretty darn smart.

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Hawks Feather

Glad to see you here.

Jerry

Silencer

Another PA rep, good deal   :yoyo:

Welcome aboard

vvarmitr

Hey Star1pup! Good to see ya here. :biggrin:

Mountian Cur? :confused:  I thought you had an Airedale? :shrug:  What type of Mt Cur you have? I have a Kemmer Stock.  You'll have to check out the Pick-o'- Litter forum here.

You'll have to pardon me, but I don't remember what part of Ohio your in. :shrug:   I'm in the east central side at Dover.

Star1pup

Yeah I had an Airedale and Star was the best bird dog I ever had the pleasure to join in a hunt.  She also would tree a squirrel, groundhog or anything else I wanted to hunt.  She developed bone cancer and was just 5-years old when I had to make the decision we all hate.  She went to sleep in my arms and I still get wet eyes thinking about her.  I wanted to stay away from the same strain of Airedale as I heard others of that strain had some sort of cancer.  I didn't want the heartbreak of losing another dog and almost didn't get another.  Then I heard about mountain curs.

Scooter (I know. It's a funny name for a girl) is out of an original mountain cur line that I found through the World Tree Dog Association owner.  She's a smaller cur of about 35 pounds, but tough as nails.  When we're not hunting squirrels and things she lives in the house with us and is really spoiled.  Got her down in Buckannon (sp?) WV.

Maybe I get too attached to my dogs, but aren't they great creatures?  God sure did a nice job when he made dogs.
Bill

FinsnFur

Can't argue with ya there Bill :wink:
Welcome to the site
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Red Dog

Bill;
Glad to see you found us. :yoyo:

Welcome
Chuck

keekee

Welcome to the site guys!

Brent

nastygunz

Howdy my name is Jim, I was steered to this site by my fellow NH guy, Browning204, after being attacked on that useless, racist other site, PM, just because I said the new Foxpro caller that looks exactly like a Minaska, could be called a "FoxAska"...:)....anywho I was raised in VT in the mountains with 8 siblings with no running water, plumbing or electricity. I am now 40, a veteran, have an MS degree, and work as a case manager and freelance writer.
     I love to hunt and fish most anything, I fly rod most of my fishing and hunt with a compound bow, long bow, shotgun, very much into handgun hunting, go after crows, waterfowl, big game, small game, I like it all. I also hunt with a camera. Thats about it, I look forward to checking out the site.

Silencer

howdy n welcome to FnF gunz

FinsnFur

Welcome aboard nastygunz.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Welcome nastygunz hope you enjoy it here.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

nastygunz

thanks for the welcome!....i can already tell theres a lot better group on here then that other cyber/cesspool, plus on here you actualy talk about hunting,shooting etc, thanks again, NG.

ATLRoach

Well hello ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Kyle and I live in Marietta, Georgia w/ my wife.  I'm a Linux engineer for a large health organization here in Atlanta. Well other than that I enjoy hunting and rock crawling. I deer, hog and predator hunt every chance I get.

I wanted to give thanks to Jerry L. for the email and links as well as the the guys at Eastern Coyotes(sweet site) or I would never found this site. 

My other past time:

Hawks Feather

Glad to have you here.  Now where can I get a pistol like that?  It just keeps going and never needs to be reloaded.   :biggrin:

Jerry

ATLRoach

Well that and shoots little dead guys..

Hawks Feather

I can see them in the larger image.  Pretty neat.

Jerry