• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamaTrain

This is the most confusing forum I have ever been on,  I an securpro's mother and grandmother to patriotson99 and gadsdengirl01.  I can not yet reply to their messages.  How do you do that....just reply and let me know?
They took off for the 2011 LBL 2011 Hunt this morning or yesterday maybe....they never told me....and I wasn't informed.  Either/or I would have loved going with them. but apparently I was not  even considered.  I am not that damn old I couldn't match the best of rest of the fellows going.

mamaTrain

I don't like all those confusing icons above.....d0n't care about them.....just want to make my point and reply to messages as I see fit

mamaTrain

Would love to hear from securpro and family!

Tikaani

You can't send messages until you have 25 posts, it is a security measure to prevent spammers as I understand it.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

Tikaani's right.
None the less, welcome to the board Mama.

That just sounded wrong :doh2:...is it ok to call you Mama? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

mamaTrain

Oh, OK.....gotcha!
Thank you Jim Champion.....heard a lot of good things about you via securpro.  Joe named me mamaTrain way back in '98.  You can call me mama, train or mamaTrain..all works well with me.
I don't get on here very often, so bit ignorant and confused how things work.....and just really intested in pictures he posts or something the kids do.  Haven't heard from them since leaving their place last Thursday and just wondering when they left, how things are going, when they will be back and what's up.  I'm sure you understand if your a parent....or worse if a grandparent.  Not sure if they will be staying longer or what

FinsnFur

Fully understandable ma'am. And we actually get people wondering the same thing every year about this time.
Did Fins and Fur eat my husband, did he make it to this gathering, where's my son, how come no ones mentioning anything, etc.

Rest assured the guys are having the time of their lives, and are probably safer there then a lot of them are at home because of the mass amount of comradry that is often compelled with such a tight knit group. :wink:

But it also needs to be mentioned that there is no Wireless signal down there for internet, or cell phone. They would have to travel into town to get a signal. Which hinders their communication with us back here.

Also, I'm sure a few of them will start straggling back in tonight, with it being Sunday and all. And we'll all be reading about how things went through the words of a few as they slowly arrive back home.

I'm pretty sure most of them will be heading straight to the The Annual LBL Hunt Forum to fill us in on their adventure, as they do get back home. Which is accessible from the front page...about half way down.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

mamaTrain

Thank-you Mr Champion......I very much appreciate your comment and explanation......just wish I could erase some of my comments as securpro won't be too happy with me, but what can I say or do now....nothing.  I know they were all excited about going down there...even the youngins' and I just can't wait to hear their stories.
Thanks again

JDBinTN

I am from souteast Tennesse and have been calling predators only couple weeks. I am yet to kill one but have called couple in. I guess I educating them as much as they are me.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bills Custom Calls

Welcome JDB

Yes I think we have all been there
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI am from souteast Tennesse and have been calling predators only couple weeks.

Welcome to FnF from a fellow Volunteer.  :thumb2:

No one, that I know of, was born a natural predator hunter (although I often believe CCP was raised by coyotes). Don't be afraid to ask questions, you'll find a good bunch of folks here that are willing to help. ;yes;

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Frogman

Welcome to F&F everyone!!

I got to hunt with Riverboss and BillyJack at LBL.  Couple of fine guys!!  Ate securpro's cooking too!!  Good to see some new members.  Don't be bashful about posting on here.  I like lots of pictures!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Kimber

Hey All!!

I'm Kim, and I found your forum while looking up hide tanning, my son and I are tanning our first beaver pelt this week, so far so good:)
I'm not a hunter but my family (4 kids and hubby) take care of that department. I'd rather cook it. We're from the Canadian prairies, nice to meet you all here!!!

pitw

Welcome Kim.  Being from the Canadian prairies is a good thing :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Welcome to FnF, Kim!  The guy that runs this place can probably answer any question you might have about tanning.     ;yes;

And we LOVE Canadians here.    :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

Welcome aboard Kim. Were happy to have ya. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyote101

Welcome to FinsandFur Kim.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Tappen

canada eh! awesome, welcome.

Badgerman

I'm just kind of fanning out onto new forums. I live in Meridian, Idaho with my wife and 2 sons. I've been a school teacher for the past 11 years, but worked in construction for 12 years before that. I overlapped the two for about 8 years which is way too much work. :laf:

I've been predator hunting off and on for about 20 years. I dug in hard about five years ago, and would be hard-pressed to tell you why. I know I love it. I use both hand calls and electronic. In the last 4 years, I've also tanned most of what I shoot during fur season. I seem to enjoy turning out a decent wallhanger nearly as much as hunting what wears it. I look forward to meeting some of you.