• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Hi, my name is Joe Herrmann and I am 37 yrs. old ,I live in Owen County ,Ky. I am married to the best wife ever her name is Jenny and we Have been married for nine years, now have 4 children Joseph(8), Jessica(6) Julie(4) Baby Jacob(3mo.). We have a small 40 acre farm that we purchased in '98 because we were tired of trying to find a place to hunt and wanted to get out of the city and raise a family. We do alot of deer hunting for the pure fact that it is alot cheaper to feed a family  with venison than beef plus the kids love it !. We also raise our own chickens for meat and eggs and have about 95 right now.  I am self employed and have been for 8 yrs. I own a small Security Company that designs , builds and installs custom security and video surveillance systems for mainly commercial applications. I currently do work for Scripps Broadcasting, Paul Brown Stadium (Cinti Bengals), US postal service , State of OH rest areas and a few school systems in the Tristate.  I have been hunting since I was 11 yrs old and have been an avid bow hunter for about 5 yrs. I started predator hunting a year ago (Bout the same time I joined FnF) it's a hole new game . Love the forums and the people here.

securpro   
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

vvarmitr

Cool Bio Securpro. :thumb2:
Glad to have ya aboard. :wink:  :biggrin:

iahntr

Thanks for the intro. very nice.
Welcome aboard. Have some fun.
Scott
Scott

Silencer

I gotta keep watch on this, a new feller from PA !!   Welcome aboard all !!   

songdog

Hi everyone, my name is David and  I am from West Kentucky. I am 28 years old, sometimes feeling a little older than that. I am half owner in a small timber harvesting company. Yeah that's right, i am in the woods all the time. Its kinda funny some of the stuff you see while you are sitting on a log, while all the noise is going on. I have been married for 8 years, and have a little girl who is 7, and a little boy who is 2.

I have been predator hunting for about 12 years. I wish i could tell y'all i know everything about it, but i don't.. Seems like it is different from year to year season to season. I went to Spirit Lake Iowa to learn taxidermy when i was 18. I never have gone full time yet, but i am sure i will one day.. I love the outdoors, and i am sure that most of you hold the same passion.

I learned about this site when i googled coyote and lbl. I always heard that there was a hunt over there by a bunch of guys.. I have hunted there in the Feb. season, but have had no luck.. It is like a different country when you cross that bridge in to LBL. Not just the coyotes, but the other animals as well.  So all in all, I really like this site, and i hope to see you all in Feb..

Be careful........ Dave

FinsnFur

Welcome to the board Dave. You'll fit in just fine.
Got a heck of a crew lined up to head to the LBL already this year. Names posted in the LBL forum.

Make yourself at home, good to have ya on board and give a holler if ya need anything.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Hey Dave, welcome aboard. It's a fun place to hang out. I live a couple hours south of Spirit lake, I used to drive past the place a couple times a week. My friends wife went there too. Anyways, don't be shy, share some stories, pics, and join in.  Scott
Scott

Hawks Feather

Dave,

We are all glad to have you here and feel like we know a little bit more about you now.  Enjoy the site.

Jerry

Bluesman

I'm JB.  I'm 45 years old, look 25 and act 15  :iroll:.  I just got married in July to a great gal with two teenage girls.  :whew: (Please keep me in your prayers!)  We packed up and immediately moved to the Charlotte, NC area.  Just a couple of weeks ago we added a German exchange student to our household.  She's another she and she's another teenager!  Somebody wake me up.  :sleep:  The truth is, I love all these girls.  They're the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Our previous home was down in Oconee County, SC.  Yeah, I was right in there with ole' Centerfire_223 aka Ronnie.  We did some calling together but not nearly our fair share.  We plan to continue as best we can being 3 hours apart.

I'm originally from central VA where I spent my first 38 years.  My calling started with gray foxes using a Murray Burnham rabbit tape.  Didn't everyone?  I eventually learned to use a diaphragm since it's hands-free.  That's probably my standby call.  I've had great results using Kee's Calls in the last two years.  I think his howler is better than any I've heard.

Over the years I've made a trip or two out west for coyotes, bobcats or prairie dogs.  I was lucky enough to go on a night hunt with Rusty Holt in west Texas.  I plan to go back.  I went to one of the VHA Jamboree events in Pierre, SD.  That was a great time.  I entered the shootout and did respectfully with my .220 Swift.  That was the only competition shooting I've ever participated in but I have considered entering more of the informal shoots since then.   I also spent a few years working in the Midwest.  The nuclear industry took me to NW IL, and IA where I did a little coyote business with some of the locals.  We chased and called coyotes in some very cold weather.  One winter it was out to Nebraska for a month (1995 I think).  While I was there I called after coyotes in both NE and MO.  I was working at a nuclear station right on the Missouri River....beautiful country!  I've never exactly mopped-up on the coyotes but I did kill a few.  I came down with pneumonia two different times also.  I have to blame that on coyote hunting in -16 degree weather.

I made it out to the LBL Hunt two years ago with Ronnie and met a bunch of you guys.  I even killed a 3 legged coyote out there.  I'm planning to come in 2008 as well so JD and Brent be ready.  If we don't kill anything we know we'll eat good.  :puke:

I love calling preds and I'm still anticipating my first bobcat.  I read a lot of magazines and watch all the videos like the rest of us.  I've been reloading for a number of years and have a real fondness for a tight-grouping .17 or .22 center-fire.  I'm usually carrying a Model 7 .222 when I'm calling coyotes.  I spend a lot of time playing guitar also.  I've have almost as many guitars as guns.  Fortunately I can play guitar if I get stuck indoors.  I provided myself a lot of entertainment that way over the years.  I've always liked vintage guitars and vintage rifles.

Lately I've been through a bushel basketful of changes.  I guess we never know what God's plan is for our life.  We just have to be available to Him.  :bowingsmilie:  He is in charge and his plan always works out better for me than the one I had in mind.  Now we are in Mooresville, NC.  I'm learning my way around this new family, new town & country side.  I'm learning my new job.  I'm looking for new hunting ground and calling partners in my new home.  I've already received some PMs about hooking up so my hat is off to this great board.   :highclap:  Thanks to Fins and Fur I'll be calling coyotes in NC real soon....maybe I'll even bag my first bobcat.

As you can see though I'm have a problem with shyness and it's hard to get me to say anything.  Just give me time, I'll come around.

I posted a couple photos of the family so you can put some faces with the story.

l-r: Haley 15, Jeannine from Germany 16 and Heather 12 on a recent trip to Blowing Rock, NC.

Laura and I showing off our threads on the back porch prior to a friends wedding in early November.

My other hobby.

Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

Hawks Feather

Bluesman,

Welcome and thanks for the info.  Just a side note, good luck living with all females.  I did it and survived, or at least that is what they tell me to say.    :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

That explains a LOT Jerry  :laf:

Welcome to the board Bluesman. Awesome little bio there  :wink:
Hope you enjoy the board it's good to have ya amongst us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

ozarkyoter

Hello, my name is Jim.  I live in Ozark, AR which is about 35 miles east of Fort Smith, AR on I-40.  Been reading in this forum for some time now, but never registered.  I'm have hunted and fished all my life.  Fairly new to predator hunting (past 3 years).  Really enjoy it.  I am married with 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren.  I am a police officer.  Been employed by the Arkansas Highway Police for 22 years.  Going for 4 more and then retirement. :highclap:

wv_yoter

Welcome aboard ozarkyoter & bluesman. Bluesman I heard about you from Ronnie just last week( It was good).Nice guitars too especially the Gibson. :yoyo:
Jason

FinsnFur

That sounds way too much like Arky  :confused: You guys related?  :innocentwhistle: :wink: :laf:

Welcome aboard Jim
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

ozarkyoter,

Jim and I think we know your twin brother - Arkyyoter who is also a member here  and retired from the same profession as you.  Since you and Joe are twins and he has already retired, he must have been born first.   :shock2:

Jerry

P.S. your brother Arky makes some great calls and is the featured call maker this month.  You will have to check it out.
http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=3930.0

Arkyyoter

Yeppers.....Jim is my brother-in-law.....ya'll don't hold that against him now, ya hear???  :eyebrow:  :roflmao:

Welcome Jim.....better whatch some of these guys, they will lead ya down the primrose path!!

Joe

bowjunkie

Quote from: Arkyyoter on November 27, 2007, 10:57:48 PM
Yeppers.....Jim is my brother-in-law.....ya'll don't hold that against him now, ya hear???  :eyebrow:  :roflmao:

Welcome Jim.....better whatch some of these guys, they will lead ya down the primrose path!!

Joe

weun's aint gonna hold it against Jim we gonna send him a simpathy card  :innocentwhistle: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

sorry Joe I couldn't resist  :wink:

I haven't been in here for a spell so WELCOME aboard all youse newcommers  :biggrin:

tnsniper

Hey ,  My name  Dana I just turned 44 years old , been married for 22 year and have a 15 year old daughter . I have hunted pretty much all my life from the time I could carry a rifle . Started bow hunting back in the mid 70's and was hooked It has taken me after Bear Deer Elk and Turkeys , I was able to become an master instructor for IBHEF For about 12 or13 years and got ourselves burnt out we had a class about every weekend  well it seemed that way . I try to find time to do more hunting  but working seven days aweek family  and trying to farm alittle its kinda hard there's not that must time in the day.But I made a mistake by trying my hand at calling yotes, Well that was about five years ago , Can't hardly get enough Its all I want to do now that its getting cold. Well that's enough for now .,

Hawks Feather

tn,

Thanks for the information and welcome to FnF.  In a pinch some of us might be able to help with the farming, but the rows won't be straight and you won't know till it starts growing if we planted, beans, corn, or sunflowers.  But you might be able to get some info on hunting predators - just post away and someone will try to help.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Blues, Ozark and Dana...........wlcome to the board.  :congrats: