• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cutting a trail and snaring

Started by Tikaani, December 21, 2008, 07:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

It is custom made by a lady in the village of Tanana.  She makes them for dog mushers.  My wife had the ruff made for me, it is a 1" band of beaver then 2" band of wolverine and then about three inches of wolf.  I use two fur hats depending on the temp.  One is fisher and one is muskrat, my wife had them both made for me as well, the rat because they were the first animals I trapped as a kid.

John

Ruff
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

nastygunz

Beautiful work and looks mighty warm...I was just talking to Possum Al about fisher cats up here....we called em pekans when I was growing up....I also wetted my first steel on the Mighty Muskrat....interesting little critters !...you can hunt em up here as well as trap them.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

It looks cool and warm that's for darn sure.

Wait a minute  :doh2: That didnt come out right.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 21, 2008, 10:40:12 PM I just cannot believe that you can be out there all day, bustin your a__ and freezin it off at the same time, having trouble with the Sno Machine, watching your time trying to beat dark, your heads half froze...AND STILL take the time to snap some shots for us back here. :yoyo:
Unbelievable and very admirable :congrats:

Thanks so much for taking us along on these journeys :biggrin:

Sure appreciate your pix & stories John. Thank you so much. V.V.

Quote from: nastygunz on December 22, 2008, 09:16:40 PM
Theres nothing like being out in the cold then relaxing by a hot woodstove....get toasty warm so your wet clothes are steaming....woodsmoke smell and a crackling fire...
Amen!  ;yes;  :biggrin:

Yeah, that is an awesome coat!  :wink:

nastygunz

MENTAL NOTE: CANCEL THAT CASE OF BEN & JERRYS ICE CREAM YOU WERE SHIPPING FnF FOR XMAS...... :biggrin:

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 22, 2008, 11:01:19 PM
Quote from: nastygunz on December 22, 2008, 09:16:40 PM

:hahaha:Nasty from Little Alaska (VT)

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

snowcamoman

John's one of the nicest guys I've met around Fairbanks. He built me one of those fancy diamond-plate boxes for my machine awhile back and we went out calling a couple of times. Things at home here were very crazy with the death of a close family member, so I didn't keep in touch with much of anybody during that time. John, if you're ever looking for anybody to go out with you here in town, just give me a ring or shoot me an email at snowcamoman@gmail.com
It looks like you built and moved into your new house too, absolutely awesome! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and hopefully we'll catch up sometime soon.