• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bearman over on PM

Started by Lonehowl, February 16, 2007, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearmanric

Jim i spent alot of time in Redfrog's room nothing was said.it was about badtothe bone. talking about shooting pigion's with pelet guns  i'm not mad at anyone hear. sorry i i'm who i am.these five guy's just play game's all day. it's a bullshit sesession. nothing to day with callmaking. i shoul;dnt of spoke up but tony should of moved it. just had crappy said so i messed up. i like to look at the call's here you guy's are making some good one's. Rick

bearmanric

i wish i could be like BradH and be quiet. Rick

Jeb

Howdy Rick, gonna try that pp thing tomorrow so i want have to deal with a mo.Thanks man !
                           Jeb

bearmanric

FinsnFur

Dont wish to be like Brad  :nono:
He's so quiet he scares us half the time  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bearmanric

brad His one of the good guy's  good call's to. the funnest thing at Globe was meeting Jay nessitter. cool guy. Rick

THO Game Calls

Well Rick, you reap what you sow.   You should have learned years ago about that place.   I don't even know why you are over there anymore.  But it''s your decission. 

I think the most informative thing to come out of that entire thread is the following  - made by a moderator

The hand call forum and the custom call builder forum has definately changed over the past few years. Things are not like they used to be, but unfortunately alot has changed since then. Changes on Predator Masters and changes to the Predator Industry. It seems to me that things started to really change when we started the HOB advertising thing.

(I want to interject here and say that the HOB advertising was instituted LONG before this moderator ever made a post on PM, so he is talking out his blow hole about this, but what's new about that -     but what he says next is EXTREMELY interesting)

Don't get me wrong, the HOB is a good thing, as we have a place to sell our calls and support the board that we love. But with it, comes a sense of "competition" amongst call builders....all call builders. There was always (even in the "good 'ole days" a sense of friendly competition between builders. Competition is a double edged sword. For call buyers, it means that the bar is constantly being raised, producing better and better calls for the market. But on the flip side, open sharing of information like call finishes, turning techniques, etc... comes to a halt.

We, as call builders, are not the only ones experiencing this issue. I've noticed in the Predator Hunting forum over the years. Open sharing of information has slowed down, as video producers have risen. I believe it is the same issue.

Close Quote

It's all about the money Rick, you should know that by now. 

I welcome you and your calls over here, but if you stay there, well, you get what you get buddy.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild
Call Makers & Collectors Association of America
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Arkyyoter

Al,

Please don't take this as a personal affront, as it is NOT intended to be....I suppose I am playing "Devil's advocate" for the sake of expressing a few points, which I feel are valid.

Rick is a good guy and builds good calls, and I like him.  I am certain we can all agree on that. I understand your feelings and attitudes toward PM. I will agree it is much different there than in the past...all that notwithstanding, here is the crux of the matter as I see it...While you are extremely successful with your chosen direction in call making, and most impressive with your skills and abilities, everyone has not yet taken the road chosen by you. I know that personally I am not yet ready ( although of late I am want to lean that direction),  to do so. Although I am continuously trying to improve upon them, the end result is,  I still make the calls I make, and sell them. With that being said, the volume of sales is currently tilted toward PM. Rick has quit his job, and is trying to supplement his income building calls. So he feels he must, at least for the time being, remain at PM. Whether one agrees with the direction taken, for whatever reason, the fact is, that is where he ( and others) sell the lion's share of their calls.

Although I admire your calls, skills, and abilities...along with certain personal attributes, I am not yet capable of the precision you exhibit in your calls. I am improving as I become more interested in producing a higher end call, but may well never achieve your skill level. There are many others who for one reason or another may or may not ever achieve that level.

As I said earlier, I understand your feelings. I am currently "persona non grata" over there as well. So be it...

Joe

THO Game Calls

When a good and talented call maker comes on this board and list calls, he sells them.   

Not many have gone unsold.   

A good call maker will sell calls anywhere.  He does not need PM.   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Bills Custom Calls

I will say one thing the calls i have seen posted on this site have made my mouth water. I wished I had enough money to buy them and i am not even a collector ....Yet !

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

MattS

The guys call makers on PM are all very helpful.  I personally don't see a huge compititon thing going real hard yet.  It may be to the point that they don't share secrets over the world wide forum but every personal message that I have have send to call makers, including rick, has come back with a very large answer to my question.  Everyone is very helpful and very willing to share their secrets.  On the other hand, for someone selling calls, you need to go where the demand is more.  I will agree that a good call will sell anywhere.  But I personally think that a call maker will sell a lot more over there.  The number of buyers for predator calls over there is probably better than ebay.

THO Game Calls

If you are good enough Matt, the buyers and collectors will find you.  You wont have to go finding them.

As for the people helping you, that is nice to know.   It's good for everyone. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

CypressSlough

Al, you beat me to it. A callmakers skill and reputation is what sells his calls, not his association with a particular website. If someone wants a certain call,  he will seek out the callmaker he wants to buy from. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bearmanric

it will be better once i have my website. and advertising. that is coming soon. Rick

Brad H

I don't like all the advertising and promotional threads over there either. I realize that's what it's become though.

I will give PM credit, that was my starting point as a callmaker. Rick Cronk and Slydog were my role models. The HOB started with three or four of us and it was a blast for a long time and got better with each new addition. It's not the same anymore.

I kept my account there for another year, but I can't even get caught up to the point that I can throw this board a few bones, which is what I really want to do.

I'm sure you'll be fine, Rick. Don't worry about the little stuff. I'm gonna take the quad out and pull the kids around in the snow today. But otherwise, if you want to talk, give me a call. I'll be home for the next few days.

Brad

bearmanric

Bill you kidding me. here is the post .i guess this is okay in the hand call's. just defending my self since your friend's with them. just wanted you main callmaker's know since i'm the bad guy. Rick

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=8&Number=52497950&page=0&fpart=1

Bills Custom Calls

I know that Kurt started the post and he is new on the board and i seen you making comments on the BB gun topic long before I made any comments in that post.If it was going to bother you this bad you should have said something about it then. Instead of joining in,But I will say this we were thinking of 2 different post. Sorry about the mix up.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

bearmanric

Bill i'm leaving it alone now just putting the post here so people understand. sorry Bill  i'm to serios about callmaking. you take care. Rick

AWSparrows

Who is at fault?
The guy for posting in the wrong forum.
Or
The Mods for not moving it.

I personally saw nothing wrong with it, and if I did I simply would not click on it. :shrug:
There is a group of guys over there that like to make fun of each other and have fun. As long as they keep it in thier own on-topic posts I say, who cares.

As a new call maker I will continue to frequent here, over there, and 6 or 8 others boards.

Aaron

Todd Rahm

QuoteThe Hand Calls Forum will be reserved for:
- General information about Hand Calls, Hand Calling, or Hand Call Building.
- Posts from our Advertisers of hand calls that are not for sale. (Examples are: Presold calls, Drawings, Contests, Give Aways, etc...)

Both  :biggrin: