• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Alaskan Moose hunt ( part one :) )

Started by iahntr, September 20, 2010, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

Well the trip started off bright and early boarding the plane in Omaha. We ended up with some sort of a malfunction with the plane in Denver, (I guess on the bright side, it was while we were still on the ground  :biggrin:) so that put me an hour behind getting into Anchorage. John and Dian were graciously waiting while I got off the plane. On to the baggage area to pick up my gear. Waiting, waiting, waiting, ok there's my duffel bag, waiting, waiting,, no more bags coming out,,, carousel stops,,, no bow case !?!?!?!   :holdon: John went around the corner and comes back with it from the "odd/over sized" baggage area.  :whew: It made it, fist sized hole in the side and all.  :nono: Oh well, it arrived.
We started our trip north to Fairbanks, unfortunately it was rainy and cloudy the whole way so the sight seeing and picture taking were minimal. We did come up on Momma here, at one point she started to act like she was gonna take us on.  :laf:

Still had a nice trip. We arrived, relaxed a little in front of the TV and called it a day.
The next day was spent gearing up for our first leg of our hunt.

Sorry to be a tease, gotta stop for tonight.  :biggrin:
Scott

Hawks Feather

Quote from: iahntr on September 20, 2010, 11:16:35 PM

Someone will get you for doing things like this.

Jerry

JohnP

Part II best be posted first thing in the morning or else!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Having been to John's home, I can say I envy you and this trip.  

John and Dian are first class hosts and your experience will cause you to seriously consider moving to Alaska.   :wink:

pitw

Hey cool :yoyo:.  I never thought of putting the snake bite remedy in an oilcan until I saw the pic. :wink: Did you find out who punched the bow case :wo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tappen

Quote from: iahntr link=topic=13007.msg147159#msg147159 date=1285042595
/quote]

Bummer! :madd: :madd:

FOsteology

Tappen

What type of boots are dem? i want a pair.

FOsteology

Tikaani

Tappen, they are LaCrosse, one pair are insulated with 800 grams of Thinsulate the other pair are none insulated.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

iahntr

Sorry guys,  :eyebrownod: been busy!
I'll get to work on a little more right now. :biggrin:

I agree Semp   :wink:
Scott