• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cam's 30 minute pet

Started by awh, May 10, 2007, 08:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Yesterday afternoon I was rushing around trying to get changed so I could hit the shop & make Cam's birthday present. His mom had promised to take him to town so I could slip over there with out him wanting to go and see what I was doing.
Well, I grabbed a drink yelled bye but got no response, so I thought they had left. So I replaced the green tea with a cold beer and started out the door. Just as the can pops from being opened, I see both of them coming through the back yard with a clothes basket. I was puzzled as we have no clothes line, yet I could see a towel in the basket :confused:
Well, I stood there waiting to see what was going on. Come to find out two baby geese had came through the back yard and Cam was putting a fine bead on one of them with his new pellet rifle when his mom stopped him and told him what it was. Well, she told him it was a duck, so we''ll continue anyway. (Duck) :roflmao: :roflmao:
One of them had crossed our road and went into the orchard. The other Cam had captured along with his pups help. He put it in the dog pin and was going to keep it as a pet. :rolleye:  I soon let him know that it was either going to the ponds or going to be let go. He played around a minute trying to figure out if I was telling him the truth about it being a goose when two adult geese flew by a honking. When the little guy heard his mom and dad he went nuts trying to get out of that dog pin. And everytime Cam got near the thing it would hiss and chase him which was as funny as it gets as Cam would jump back everytime.
The two adult geese kept circling around, so I let the poor fellow out after putting the muts in the house. It waddled through the back yard heading towards the main road, which is at least 300+ yards from us, and we watched as it crossed the road and went towards the neighbors ponds.
The wife looked for a while trying to find the other one but my mom said she had saw it go into the orchard as fast as it could go. It will end up food for somethin as the orchard is so thick you can't walk through it. So Cam had a new pet for all of 30 minutes yesterday.

I forgot the camera at the house, so when the wife gets home from work I'll get her to email me the pics and post them.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Cool!  :yoyo:

Reminds me of the pet rabbit my sister had when we were kids. My dad made her cut it loose, so naturally I kept telling her a big chicken hawk got it for breakfast.  :biggrin:  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

awh

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:....Cruel Jim....Cruel. But I like it. My younger brother is 29 and still won't go under moms house cause I told him that's where all the snakes were.... :innocentwhistle:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

DirtyDog

Did the snakes look like this?

I did this for you Bop. I did not get that sesitility trainin yet.  :roflmao:

awh

Nah...They had rattles on them like this...

Think Bop will go back in the woods this year???? :roflmao:

cb223

The baby geese are cool but keep the snakes away!
CHAD

iahntr

Funny story, thanks for sharin. What kinda snake is that in NewDogs post?
Scott

DirtyDog

Not sure, all I know is it smelled really bad, and had a traingular head.  :shrug: Copperhead??????  :confused:

FinsnFur

:wo: depends on what you had for supper the night B4
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Dang boys!!! Enough with the snakes already........ya know..I say, Ya know how I's feels about dem dar critters........ :pout:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

iahntr

Last year down in Texas pig huntin I had about a 3 footer, no idea what it was, or if it was even poisonous or not, but it was a few feet off to my left and when it took off, before I could even do anything it covered about 10 feet and was outa sight. Glad it went the other way, if it came my way it woulda been on me before the "P" woulda hit the ground. :eyebrownod:
Scott

canine

Good story awh....... Man to be a kid again... :biggrin:

JD

awh

Here's the pics. Right after the shot of him bent down beside it he dang near jumped out of his skin when the little guy turned and hissed at the sound of the camera going off....LOL