• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hog 18

Started by HuntnCarve, July 29, 2015, 02:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I picked up Hog No.17 the other day but did not get any photos.  However, Hog No.18 was a different story.  I saw him out in the freshly cut field about 65 yards out.  He had spotted me, and was making his way back towards the woods.  He made one mistake, and that was pausing to cast a wary glance my way.  I had already picked out a hole in the foliage which to shoot through.  I put the crosshairs right on his neck and touched one off.  PLOP!  Down he went.  A subtle twitch of his tail, and it was over.  Hog No.18 is on the books. 

Can you see him in the photo below?  Find the big tree in the center of the photo and look up at the upper left hand opening of the two openings in the foliage.

How about now?

Final resting place (before the fox find him)

Good shooting to you all!

HnC
Dave

Hawks Feather

I can see him real good in the last picture.     :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

trailtwister

You didn't butcher it?

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

FinsnFur

Boy there's gonna be a lotta BBQ At the LBL this year :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

God work Dave, what is you record foe one year?  :highclap:

HuntnCarve

Carl,

The most I ever got in a year was "33".  It was the first year we moved into this house back in '92.  Subsequent years I got in the mid twenties.  It has slowed down the last decade.   I wonder what this area would be like if I never shot a hog? :confused:  Be a lot more chuck holes for sure! :laf:

Dave

Carolina Coyote

Well for sure you are the "Hog Man" . I have not shot any around my house but I've got one that has set up residence by digging a Burro under a retaining wall beside my house covered in Juniper, gotta figure a way to get out of the house to get a shot without spooking him. When my Dog Puddin was alive she kept them thinned out.
Keep up the good work.

HaMeR

Neighbor said she has one under her shed out back. I haven't seen it yet tho.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

None out here, but in our new "city" living we have noticed pack rats in the yard.  Have three scalps to date. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs