• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

goin fishin for blues tommarow

Started by bigben, August 14, 2007, 07:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

as my birthday present we are going fishing for blues at night.  does anyone have a recipe for em or any advice?? 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

studabaka

How are you going? Party boat, charter, private boat, surf, jetty?

I always found the key to blues is finding the school... ya can almost cast anything into a feeding school and get a hit.... silver and white jigs is what I had fair success with.... or surf plugs. Cut bait will work too, but I never had much success on blues fishing cut bait on the bottom.... mostly jigged it.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Nelson

I've used 6-10 inch live mullet on the bottom with good success for blues.  Use a stinger hook or they will cut off the bottom half of the bait and leave you with nothing.  As you probably know, use a wire leader and a wire on the stinger hook as well.

Nelson

bigben

125 ft party boat I have been checkin the fish reports of the charters website and they seem to be doing good. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

Hawks Feather

Take your swimming suit.  With 2,000 HP you will be able to ski behind that one going out and coming back.   :wink:

Jerry

bigben

well went last night for em.  it was different but the trip was kinda ruined because of my father getting seasick.  big waves last night pounded us all night.  I would have to say 5-6 ft waves.  maybe more.  roughest that I had ever been on.  but the fight of them blues were awesome.  really good fights that sometimes resulted in lost fish because the rods we were using had crappy line on it.  nicks all up and down the line.  but if I could go again I propbaly would.  got 12 fillets to bring home and now need cooked.  not sure if we are going to do them tonight or tommarow. 

awh

Sorry to hear your dad got sick. I'm sure if your anything like Cam you won't let him live it down  :innocentwhistle:

I know Cam wouldn't me. :roflmao: So.....when's supper? Those are some good eating :yoyo:

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

bigben

na I have not really given him any grief over it.  it kinda ruined the trip because it seems no matter what we do he never catchs kills or has as much fun as us.  it is the same thing with pheasants he goes shoots but miss's. 

bigben

what I should say is it allways seems that both me and my brother allways out fishs and out hunts him.  I know that for a father that he still has fun but both my brother and i are starting to get up in age.  I just turned 22 and he is 17 so we can fend for ourself.  It just makes us both feel like crap when dad shells out money and the only thing he got is sick and we caught a boat load.  kinda makes us feel guilty.  which I guess is a good thing because we do care about pop and how he is on a trip.  we know that he has fun as long as he is not working but it just sucks personally to watch him allways get the short end of the stick.

awh

Getting up in age at 22....................... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ya killing me with that one. :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Hawks Feather

When you mentioned the waves, I was thinking that I would have been feeding the fish.  And not in a good way.   :puke:

Jerry

bigben

hey awh just because you are a old fart doesn't mean I don't feel older.

awh

Just got a good laugh from your post was all. Didn't mean nothing bad about the remark I made.

Yeah but you have to live your life like a kid so the kids don't wear ya out....LOL

bigben

ya I know I did not really take offense.  takereasy.