• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Guess

Started by JohnP, November 27, 2015, 03:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

John... as usual I'm thoroughly impressed by all aspects of your story... cool cat, impressive results by the rifle/rounds killing ability, and last but not least, your tenacity in getting in and out of a tight situation...  you are the man...   :thumb2:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

gravesco hunter

As I have always thought you are a unique and special man

HaMeR

Congratulations on a fine hunt & a dandy Lion Mr. John!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: 

Thank You for sharing your story!! I certainly am glad you got back out of that ravine & if this is one of your last hunts what a way to go out & may Peace be with you in your recliner Sir!!  :highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

JohnP sounds like you just hit a home run! What a story and with that lion being there! It was to be you've gave so much to your country you deserved it.
Thank you for your sacrifice's your a true hero.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Dave

Great hunt and write up, John.

Quote from: JohnP on November 30, 2015, 10:12:05 AM
In that terrain a lion was the last thing I expected to see.
Betcha that lion was thinking the same about you!

FinsnFur

Wow :shock2:  A lion? Really?  :highclap: :yoyo:
That is so cool! Very nice sir.
Ya know what? I was kinda close when I guessed a bird  :innocentwhistle: Cats like birds :shrug:

I love that this came together for ya. I really do. I hate the fact that it hurts ya. Once again you push yourself to the limit. I hope Marge dont read the forum :nono: :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

HaMeR

Mr. John-- Have you been using your Caldwell Field Pod? If so do you have an opinion on it? Good or bad?
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dale

John as liberal as AZ is with everything else, what about hunting from a side by side 4 wheeler?... a couple camo curtains, some sort of rifle rest and you'd be set... your blazer will pull one on a light trailer with no problem... with your limited parking at the house leave it out at the ranch...

JohnP

Glen, I used it once maybe twice last year during deer season.  Has been in the shed collecting dust since then.  Every time my boy visits from Phoenix he will ask:  "Hey dad you using that pod you bought?"   Bought a Caldwell Lead Sled for out at the rifle range - like it very much.   

Dale -  "John as liberal as AZ is" - BAD, very bad choice of words, you may have just lost your room in Arizona!  I can get a permit to hunt from a vehicle and even shoot from it but I just will not do that. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dale

Quote from: JohnP on December 17, 2015, 05:44:20 PM
Dale -  "John as liberal as AZ is" - BAD, very bad choice of words, you may have just lost your room in Arizona!  I can get a permit to hunt from a vehicle and even shoot from it but I just will not do that.

LOL John, not in the literal sense, but as with the open carry, hunting anywhere it's not posted, the seasons etc... 

ok so if you ride it in, dismount, camo cover it and shoot from 10' away... I know it doesn't sit well with you but it would still allow you to get out and bust a cap or cat...    :biggrin:

HaMeR

Thanks. I use mine for groundhogs quite a bit. But with that type of hunting there is usually a good bit of setting & waiting. I do like mine a great deal for that. I seen @ Cabelas a couple weeks ago a newer version. Happy enough with mine I didn't look it over for any differences.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

snafu

Nice! I want one   :bowingsmilie:
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"