• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

It ain't over yet.

Started by trailtwister, December 01, 2015, 08:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Fire arm deer season closed at 5:31 PM yesterday. Normally it is a week off then Muzzle loader season starts then depending on the zone you hunt you have 7 days, 14 days or 21 days to hunt. You have to have left over tags from firearm season in most zones but in Mine you can still buy 5 doe tags a day over the counter if you wish.
For some reason I believe due to where the 25th falls we only get a 3 day break, so the season starts in my 21 day zone 3 on the 4th. Also in my zone there is a antlerless special season any weapon from 12-20 to 1-1-16.

I only have a buck tag to fill and it has to have 4 points on one side at least. I have been giving thought on driving up to my brothers zone (2) for a day during his 14 day season. He has been wanting me to come and do a hunt with him. But I am torn with him getting chemo treatments every week which really is tearing him up to where he just almost lays in bed for a couple days a week.
I am still thinking we should plan a hunt in the fall of 2016 when hopefully he is felling better and not having chemo treatments.

Since opening day of fire arm season all I have been seeing is does fawns and button bucks. I have been finding that sort of strange for this area.

:eyebrownod:  Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Dale

don't put it off... not wishing any bad luck to your brother, but I did that with my dad back around 2000... he begged me to go up to camp with him I hadn't been for 10 years or better... I'd just tore up my back at work, couldn't walk up or down hill, couldn't ride in the car for anymore then 2 hours at a time, couldn't lift any weight... I was a hurting puppy... I begged off promising him I'd go the next year for sure... well a month later he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, died 3 months after that... had I had any idea, I'd a done anything I could to make that trip... regret it every day since... if he can handle getting out, go...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Okanagan

Quote from: Dale on December 01, 2015, 10:13:47 AM
don't put it off...  if he can handle getting out, go...

Ditto ^^

Man you fellows can shoot a lot of deer back east.  In WA State where I grew up and my grandsons hunt, it is one deer tag per year OTC, bucks only unless you draw a doe permit and then you can use the one tag on a doe.  You can choose to hunt modern rifle, bow or ML, and hunt mule deer,, whitetail or blacktail -- but when you fill that one tag you are done.  Then just recently, for the first time in my life they started allowing a second deer tag on certain draws.

Here in British Columbia, I can buy three deer tags OTC and hunt deer from Sept. 10-Dec. 15.  We have blacktails on the coast, then mule deer east of the Coast mountains and all over the Interior, and big pockets of whitetails in some areas of the Interior.  The highest whitetail populations are way east of me along the west side of the Continental Divide, a long ways to drive but such a wonderful place to hunt that I try to go each Fall and try to take a grandson.  That didn't work this Fall so I went over solo.  Saw elk, sheep, wolves, mule deer, wild turkey, grizzly and lynx tracks and whitetail but could not find a buck of any size so shot a small 3x4.  I should wander over the mountains today and look for a mule deer (has to have 4 points above eye guards on one side this late in the season).  It is cold out there, and warm in here my old bones are telling me...

If we go out to the Queen Charlotte Islands, I think the limit is 10 deer now, used to be 15, and the season runs June till Feb.  Long trip and expensive ferry.  Never been there.  Much like Sitka blacktails in SE Alaska. 

FinsnFur

Ours is buy one get one. You get a Buck tag and a Doe (anterless) tag with your license.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com