• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL Contact Info?

Started by studabaka, January 19, 2007, 06:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

Just a thought..... does it make sense to collect stuff like cell phone, emergency contact info, etc....?

Not sure we want to do it in full view of anyone on the web, but might be good to have. Hopefully it would work like an unbrella usually works for me..... when I have it, it don't rain, and when I don't.....

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Mallardsr

Are you suggesting that I run up my minutes just because some FNFR is lying half dead in the woods?  :wo: Okay ,no problem!  :biggrin: Usually it's "I'm stuck, can you pull me out". This can happen to anyone, and now that I posted this it will probably be me. Rich ? Jimmy? anybody out there?  :shck:  RP 

Jimmie in Ky

I give every one my cell number so they can contact me in an emergency, Be they stuck or in need of assistance. I have emergency numbers for the rangers an hand at all times if htey are needed.

This is also a good reasson to hunt with a partner. Should an accident happen a partner can get you comfortable and assist emergency crews in getting to you. This is also the reason fopr the small emergancy kit with a flashlight and candles and matches for starting a fire. Jimmie

FinsnFur

I think that's a good idea...in fact almost a necessity.

Instead of posting right here on the web, lets just PM those whos numbers we might need or want before we get there. Once we get there we can all put our names and numbers on a list.
We'll leave the list at camp in case someone doesn't return, plus you can, at that time copy any numbers you may need while hunting.

Unless anyones got a better idea.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Great idea but after a couple o' big bowls of Wayne P's famous "LBL roadkill chili" there won't be anyway of mistaking the LBL gang or... for that matter... knowing where we're at at any time.  :biggrin:

Seriously...

Don't depend on cell phones and GPS units working all the time at LBL.

My Nextel phone is a prime example.

Everyone should carry a compass and a current copy of the "Legal Road and Hunting Map" (free @ Golden Pond Visitors Center or by mail).  Sometimes it's easy to get turned around in the backwoods but with the leaves off and all the marked roads intersecting the LBL it's hard to get totally lost. Still,  LBL is a big place, you can often walk a ways before comming to a well traveled road.

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Mallardsr

Chet has a good point about service. With my Verison I lost Rich twice while in LBL. However everyone that wants to participate could pm there # to one person.Let that person compile the list and send it back out to the ones that participated.  :shrug: RP

Mallardsr

I forgot. Those maps(free) along with the permit can be purchased at the store just south of the south welcome center.

studabaka

I like Mallard's suggestion. If folks want to send me their info, I'll compile and send back out....

I'm thinking..... Screen name, real name, cell, emergency contact & number...... but will package up whatever comes in.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bopeye

I sent Stud my info. this morning. Might be a good idea for some of the rest of you to do the same. REAL good idea for you yankee types that might need some southern intervention......... :huh: :eyebrownod:

I'M JUST KIDDING, so don't send me the usual recants on how I'm abusing you or that I should let the war die and all that crap.  :eyebrownod:

LUV YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Ok, I tried and I just cant figure this out Bopeye. I might have to send my info through the mail.  :sad:

Hey Stu...thanks a ton for grabbing this. Wasn't sure if I was gonna have time to follow through with it or not.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

Easy enough to take care of when we get there. I can setup a sign in sheet on the table and keep it in my folder with all the rest. That way we will always have it and can make changes when needed.

But Stu's idea is a good one also, having a back up for records isn't a bad thing. And thanks for doing it Stu. I certainly don't have the time myself. Dang teachers give me home work  :rolleye: Jimmie

Mallardsr

I sent studabaka my info. This info needs to be sent back probably by Sunday. There will be some leaving early in the week like uh ...... :confused:....................ME!  :biggrin:

studabaka

I will send out what I have gathered on Sunday 28th. I'll send it out to everyone who sent in info. If I recieve additional info after that, but before I hit the road, I will try and send out an update and will bring a couple copies with me.

studabaka

Just a reminder for any one wanting to log their contact info, please send me a pm and I'll include you in the list and distribution. Thanks.