• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bigger catfish on a jug

Started by coyote101, May 22, 2014, 08:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I went out this morning to try a little top water bass fishing. I had several strikes, but couldn't get the hook set, so no bass today. However, I had put a few jugs out to see if I could catch a catfish or two. I noticed one of the jugs dancing around and headed over to check it out. Turned out to be my best catfish to date.

A couple minute video of me chasing the jug around and landing the big cat. I actually missed the jug on the first pass and had to circle around for another try:

About 34 inches and 18 pounds 10 ounces

I turned him loose to be caught another day

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Nice.
Clean lookin cats to boot. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Carolina Coyote

Turned him Loose?  :rolleye:  I would have the filets swimming around in a pot of oil, nothing better that deep fried Catfish.  :eyebrownod:

Hawks Feather

Nice catfish.  Any more when I see a cord coming into a boat I think that there should be an alligator on the other end.  But I don't think you would be grabbing a gator with a pair of lip pliers.   :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on May 23, 2014, 08:06:03 AM
Nice catfish.  Any more when I see a cord coming into a boat I think that there should be an alligator on the other end.  But I don't think you would be grabbing a gator with a pair of lip pliers.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Jerrys hooked on Swamp People too. :congrats: :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 24, 2014, 09:44:24 PM
Jerrys hooked on Swamp People too. :congrats: :eyebrownod:

That is a fact.  Anyone else notice how some of the rifles switch between being a 'right' bolt to being a 'left' bolt in some of the shows?  I can understand it years back when they would splice film and could reverse a section, but with digital technology it has to be done on purpose.  Look for it (some, but not all) - shooter will be holding the 'right' bolt rifle in his right hand and then there is a close up of the shot using his left hand and a 'left' bolt rifle, then the follow up shot will be a 'right' bolt rifle again.  They can switch hands and firearms pretty quick.

Jerry