• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bowhunting geese, anyone?

Started by Bowhunter57, May 06, 2007, 03:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhunter57

I'm going to bowhunt geese, during Ohio's early season, this fall. I'll be using a groundblind, like the guys from Double Bull Archery, a few decoys, a laser rangefinder, my bow and a few arrows.

To see what I'm going to attempt, take a look at these videos:
www.livehunt.com/video
Click on: Video Catagory: Double Bull Archery
Click on: Sub Catagory: Another year on the ground IV
Then select Part 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 of 47. Each one is an individual video.

Has anyone else tried this? I've shot geese with a bow, but not from a blind, just full camo. Looks like fun!

Thank you, Bowhunter57

FinsnFur

Man I'd hate to be the guy in a Jon-boat bass fishing on the other side of the slough  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bowhunter57

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 06, 2007, 03:23:27 PM
Man I'd hate to be the guy in a Jon-boat bass fishing on the other side of the slough  :laf:
Yeah, well, maybe I forgot to mention that this goose hunt will be done on the land. In the Double Bull Archery videos that's how they're hunting and I wouldn't dream of trying it on the water. If a shot at a goose is missed, the loss of arrows would be serious.  :rolleye:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

cb223

I think it looks like alot of fun! I would probably lose alot of arrows and not get a damn thing.
CHAD

Bowhunter57

Quote from: cb223 on May 07, 2007, 05:02:07 PM
I think it looks like alot of fun! I would probably lose alot of arrows and not get a damn thing.
cb223,
It's called hunting, brother, not getting. As long as you're having fun, that's what it's all about.  :wink:

cb223

Quote from: Bowhunter57 on May 08, 2007, 10:10:55 PM
Quote from: cb223 on May 07, 2007, 05:02:07 PM
cb223,
It's called hunting, brother, not getting. As long as you're having fun, that's what it's all about.  :wink:

I agree completely.  One of these days I'm going to try turkey hunting with my bow. I think that would be fun and a good challenge.
CHAD