• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

5 year old boy killed by stray bullet

Started by slagmaker, August 05, 2007, 06:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Man this is an outrage

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292168,00.html

seems like a police officer would know the rules of fire arm safety. ALWAYS know what is behind your target.

My condolinces go out to this boys family and I hope the officer gets exectally what he deserves.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Todd Rahm

Sad indeed.  :sad:

And Tracy is a 110% correct.

slagmaker

Yeah the man said a mouthfull with that statement.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Holy crap.....I can not beleive that. That is really sad.

slagmaker

The thing I dont get is the cop was put on paid leave. PAID LEAVE? the guy gets a vacation for his actions!!!

I always thought that police and other civil servents should be held as accountable for there actions as any other civilian. A badge is not something to hide behind when you do something wrong and stupid.

KySongDog

bushmaster

Quote from: slagmaker on August 06, 2007, 01:47:57 AM
The thing I dont get is the cop was put on paid leave. PAID LEAVE? the guy gets a vacation for his actions!!!

I always thought that police and other civil servents should be held as accountable for there actions as any other civilian. A badge is not something to hide behind when you do something wrong and stupid.

I got news for ya, that badge takes away any acknowledgement of wrong doing where I live.  That is terrible. :huh:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

GSD102

Aren't you supposed to use a bird type shot for shooting varmints like that?????????????????

slagmaker

I bet the general public wont hear anything about how this case turns out.

songdog

Very sad story... Thats why you need to know what is behind where your bullet is going... Maybe someone should teach the police that??   A gun is a very dangerous weapon in the hands of someone that dont care which direction he shoots..........  :rolleye:

possumal

This boy's family surely needs all our prayers and thoughts.  It is such a sickening waste of life, especially with a police officer not observing basic safety rules. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Ladobe

While I respect the dangerous and mostly thankless job our police agencies do, this is just one more case of a cop making a terribly wrong decision, and then acting on it.   I feel for the family.   There was no immediate threat from the snake, and trained people with proper recovery gear could have easily been brought in to capture or kill it (SPCA/ADC).   Hard call for some maybe, but in this case I think the cop should be charged and prosecuted for murder.   He was trained to know better, took that responsibility when he strapped his gun on and IMO that makes this not an accident.

This is no different than a high speed chase by cops over a simple traffic violation that leads to a crash and innocent bystanders being killed or maimed for life.   Was the broken tail light worth someones life?   Doesn't matter if the runner ran because he was hiding something illegal either.   The cop initiated a chase and crash that most likely wouldn't have happened otherwise.   So IMO the cop is just as guilty as the runner.

Back when I owned my gunshop I supplied the firearms to a couple of local small town PD's.   One of them decided to add a sniper rifle to their departments firepower, and totally ignored my suggestions of what to get, what ammo to use for it.   The one I ordered in for them at their request, besides being way over powered, they shot armor piercing ammo in.   You guessed it, a few months later one of their officersr shot through a car, the bad guy, the other side of the car, the window of a home behind it and killed a 14 year old girl sitting on her couch watching television with her parents.   Cop was never charged... it was called an accident.   B---S---!   I made a police statement against the incident as a so called firearms "expert", but it did no good.   Was the end of my supplying firearms to any PD's though, and I went a step further and wouldn't sell firearms/ammo to the officer's from this PD either - not duty, not personal.   Very small considering the young girl that was lost, but it's all I could do to continue to drive the point home to these officers.   When I moved out of the area 2-3 years later, they still had and used the same rifle/ammo.    :rolleye:

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

azfester

J.Holly

Quote from: slagmaker on August 06, 2007, 01:47:57 AM

In Oklahoma, all officers involved in a shooting get put on paid leave pending the outcome of the investigation. SInce the investigation was concluded in this matter, the officer was terminated and is being charged with 2nd degree manslaughter.