• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Big Flathead

Started by Hawks Feather, June 12, 2008, 10:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Since big flathead catfish have been caught in the Maumee and Auglaize rivers in the Defiance area, ardent anglers have been waiting for a 50-pounder. The wait is over as Mitch Koslosky, of Boise, Idaho, broke the barrier last Saturday night when he hooked into a 52-pound, nine-ounce flathead while fishing in the Maumee. The flathead was 46 inches long. Koslosky had the fish weighed and photographed at Oxbow Bait, located northwest of Defiance off Ohio 15. For the past five years, the bait store has offered a rod and reel combination to anyone catching and weighing in a 50-pound flathead. Some flatheads weighing more than 45 pounds had been recorded, but Koslosky got the first 50-pounder. The store is now offering the same kind of combo to the first angler to weigh in a 60-pound flathead.

This was the info that went along with the picture in the paper.  The picture was VERY poor quality and I don't think I will be able to scan it and get much, if any, picture.  Big fish and it gets caught by someone from a different state. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

I'd like to see Uncle Jed get one like that noodling. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com